KQ III 210 points?

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Tybarius
Peasant Status

KQ III 210 points?

#1 Post by Tybarius » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:10 am

Has anybody scored the whole 210? I was stuck on 203 for awhile eventually getting around to the eavesdropping points and increasing my points by transforming Medusa instead of turning her to stone. But now I'm stuck on 209. I've used the fish to get the eagle feather saving the meat for the yeti, but the Yeti still doesn't eat anything I offer him I've used sleep and transport, so I really don't know where that one point is. In a perfect score game do you have 159 or 160 points before boarding the ship?

Whatever I'm missing I've missed several times now so I'll wait till someone that knows what is going on clues me in.

Radogol
Royal Servant Status

Re: KQ III 210 points?

#2 Post by Radogol » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:45 am

Tybarius wrote:Whatever I'm missing I've missed several times now so I'll wait till someone that knows what is going on clues me in.
Have you retrieved the letter from Mannanan's desk?

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by TriniMage » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:20 am

Tybarius wrote:In a perfect score game do you have 159 or 160 points before boarding the ship?
To score 210 you must have 160 at that point...
If you have M's letter... I have found two bugs (any one can cost you 1 point).

1. If you get the cat hair after making the "Animals Language" spell...
2. If you do not open the journal at all in a game...

On my first replay I finished with 209 points and had the letter, talked to Smaude, spied on the bandits, got the fish, etc... so I had to know where I had missed the point...
I happens that if you have "illegal" items on you cannot trigger the cat-fly sequence to get the fly wings, so I found myself wasting time running up and down the stairs to the tower trying to get the fly wings and and went on to make the Animal spell. Also I had tried on numerous occasions to catch the cat but with was experiencing too much bad luck (more likely poor clicking.) So to avoid wasting time running after the stupid cat when I would get the message "you are not close enough" I simply forgot to get the fur (the cat was remarkably absent from the rooms I visited) until I was ready to do the cat spell... but when I got the fur no point...
By a remarkable coincidence, when trying to get Awards, it happened that after saving in the lab, I opened the journal, read the code, went down to the lab and saved a during a spell without having all the ingredients so I had to restore the game. On restoring, without thinking, and since I already had written the code down I used it and it worked and so I did not bother to open the journal at all. When I was about to leave Llewedor... I had 159 points... restored a game figured out and tested that it was the code being set when you pick up the book even though some insisted it is when you open the journal...

If you are interested the original thread is here

Tybarius
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Tybarius » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:48 pm

It's that dang letter I normally pick that up right after the 7 points from the kitchen dining room and hide the letter doing the same with the fly wings, bedroom stuff, cat hair etc... evidently looking back I must have restarted and through saved games, lost that letter. Odd though to do that repeatedly but for some reason whenever you have points you just assume they are in the bank. Makes sense though I've done that for spells several times most commonly the accorns and using the spoon for some other spell before using the mud. Thanks for your help, all.

caitza
Peasant Status

#5 Post by caitza » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:43 am

*shakes an angry fist* I was wondering what I was missing! I just beat the game today and I couldn't figure out what I was missing. I kept clicking on the desk but Alexander didn't really want to do anything with it. I guess at this point when I restart it'll have to be a battle of wills lmao.

Is there any kind of different ending if you get 210 points instead of 209, or no? Does it affect anything at all, such as the achievements? o.o

I hope you don't mind me posting the question here, it's just while we were on the topic I thought this might be an okay place to ask....

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by TriniMage » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:53 am

caitza wrote: Is there any kind of different ending if you get 210 points instead of 209, or no? Does it affect anything at all, such as the achievements?
If you score 210 points you will get the Perfectionist Award... If you are interested in Awards there are a few threads which discuss them...
The ending depends on something called The Item... If you got it Graham's Crown will glow... and there is a little sequence...