Can't get into bandit tree

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

mist
Peasant Status

Can't get into bandit tree

#1 Post by mist » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:16 am

I've been the fly on the wall in the tavern and all I hear is about a rope. Not how to find it or use it. I also was a fly buzzing around the bandit tree. When nothing happened there I buzzed in and out, to and from the next frame but the bandits didn't appear to show me how they got into the tree. I can't stay a fly long enough to morph into Alex inside the tree nor can I dig the hole bigger. Climbing does no good and clicking the hand and eye around the countryside is no help either, just bores me with the same old response.

adeyke

Re: Can't get into bandit tree

#2 Post by adeyke » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:52 am

Once you've found out about the rope mechanism, you just need to stand outside the tree (as human) and click the hand on the hole.

mist
Peasant Status

#3 Post by mist » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:46 am

Thanks. I can get into the tree now but if I'm not mugged on the ground by the bandits, or thrown off the ladder by the one awake in the tree house, I awaken the sleeping one inside when I take the money pouch. I can't make the sleeping spell without money and since I'm such a peaceful person, I can't stab anybody and run with the loot. So I'm stuck. I try to creep in and out but somehow the cursor won't let me find the right pixel to exit. I've also tried to grab the pouch as the fly and tried to change into the eagle.

As an aside, you administrators must get tired of all these questions but the laughs you sometimes get may make it worthwhile hey?

Thanks for the game and for this forum. This old and grey granny has played all the Sierra games and I'm right happy somebody has brought some back. Erpy, did you have anything to do with Space Quest remake called the UrQuan Masters? Your name is familiar but maybe from the earlier AGD KQ remakes.

Anyway, thanks to you all.

mist
Peasant Status

#4 Post by mist » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:20 am

I got it thanks. Just took a little care.