10/10

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Cocoon
Peasant Status

10/10

#1 Post by Cocoon » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:09 pm

In my opinion that is the best remake of the series, the graphics, the sound, the music, the voices, the story, the puzzles have reached in this chapter the highest level, so many many compliments to you AGD. I cant wait for the next King's Quest :)

Anyway the (very few) things that i dont really liked in this game are:

- You need to keep stealing the porridge from the bears, that's not very logic or intuitive.
- If you havent been robbed by the thieves you cant take their money, not logic or intuitive again.
- Without reading this topic i will never have solved the Serin arc's puzzle

PS: The endings titles and the ending song: Full of win
PPS: By the way my score was 206

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: 10/10

#2 Post by Erpy » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:31 pm

- You need to keep stealing the porridge from the bears, that's not very logic or intuitive.
The respawning porridge is there in case the player runs out of other food items like bread or fruit to feed the wizard. It may not make sense that mama Behr keeps cooking up new porridge or the fact the Behrs never lock the door while you're in Llewdor, but the alternative...trapping people in a dead end situation because they fed the wizard the porridge or ran out of food items is a much worse alternative.
- If you havent been robbed by the thieves you cant take their money, not logic or intuitive again.
That's incorrect. You can always take the coin purse, whether you were robbed or not.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#3 Post by Blackthorne519 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:02 am

It's a 10/10 but I still hate a few things!

:\

Bt

Cocoon
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Cocoon » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:40 pm

Erpy wrote: The respawning porridge is there in case the player runs out of other food items like bread or fruit to feed the wizard. It may not make sense that mama Behr keeps cooking up new porridge or the fact the Behrs never lock the door while you're in Llewdor, but the alternative...trapping people in a dead end situation because they fed the wizard the porridge or ran out of food items is a much worse alternative.
Respawing one of the food in the kitchen would have been maybe more easy but more logical imho.
That's incorrect. You can always take the coin purse, whether you were robbed or not.
Are you sure ? The first time i've tried the bandit in the treehouse was awake and was impossible to enter, then i get robbed and the same thief was slepping.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:14 pm

Respawing one of the food in the kitchen would have been maybe more easy but more logical imho.
I think it'd have been less logical, rather than more. With the Behrs, the reappearing food is justifiable by stating Mildred Behr simply whips up a new batch each time. There'd be no such justification for fruit or bread magically appearing on the kitchen table other than "a wizard did it" or "the table is magical". (which is another fairy tale altogether)
Are you sure ? The first time i've tried the bandit in the treehouse was awake and was impossible to enter, then i get robbed and the same thief was slepping.
Whether the bandit is awake or asleep is random each time you enter the treehouse exterior screen...it doesn't depend on whether you were robbed or not.

Lambonius
Knight Status

#6 Post by Lambonius » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:57 pm

You should have made Manannan pop back in from his journey and then order Gwydion to go outside and bring in the groceries. You'd walk out and there'd be a cart in front of the house with new foodstuffs on it. ;)

Elfling
Peasant Status

#7 Post by Elfling » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:12 pm

Lambonius wrote:You should have made Manannan pop back in from his journey and then order Gwydion to go outside and bring in the groceries. You'd walk out and there'd be a cart in front of the house with new foodstuffs on it. ;)
More logical yet have Gwydion make more food from the dry foodstuffs in the kitchen.