Caption's Office

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Summer77
Royal Servant Status

Caption's Office

#1 Post by Summer77 » Wed May 25, 2011 4:43 pm

I need help in cleaing the caption's office but each time I go in there he catches me and throws me off the boat I've done all the chourse but I need help in trying to clean the caption office and after that get my stuff and other things that's in his office.

This is a new game for me and I still need some help it.

spacecadet
Peasant Status

Re: Caption's Office

#2 Post by spacecadet » Wed May 25, 2011 6:25 pm

I don't remember the exact order of the chores, but like I told the guy who asked in the other thread, you need to go back to the first mate (the chubby dude with the bandanna) in the screen with the bunk beds & rowboat when you finish each chore, and he'll give you the next one.

The chores are things like putting firewood in the stove in the galley (=kitchen), and then sweeping the kitchen and the upper decks (both of the screens) with the broom that you find in the kitchen. You need to do each of them only after the chubby dude told you to do it. And that's it, I think. The last chore he tells you to do is to dust the shelves in the captain's cabin with the feather duster that is sitting on top of the cabinet on the left (like the one in the wizard's house). To do that, you are allowed to enter the cabin while the captain is there, but you still won't be able to get your stuff from the chest because he'll be keeping an eye on you.

When you are finished dusting his bookshelves, you go back to the screen with the bunk beds, and the first mate is no longer there. And then the game goes automatic, Alexander will walk to the beds and take a nap. Then you can sit back and watch a few nice cutscenes. Then when the cutscenes are over, Alexander will wake up, and when you go to the captain's cabin, it is empty and you can go in and take your stuff from the chest.

Summer77
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by Summer77 » Wed May 25, 2011 9:06 pm

O.K. so after I do all the chourse then go to the sailor and he'll tell me whatelse to do? O.K. but he keeps on saying if you make yourself useful we might make you an anitor just yet.

spacecadet
Peasant Status

#4 Post by spacecadet » Thu May 26, 2011 6:07 am

Then you probably haven't done the last thing he asked you to do.
I'm not sure what you're doing wrong but it's supposed to work when he tells you what to do, and then you go do it.
After he tells you to "go dust in the captain's cabin", the game will let you enter the captain's cabin and move around in it (even though the captain is still sitting there writing).

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by TriniMage » Thu May 26, 2011 12:38 pm

Summer77 wrote:O.K. so after I do all the chourse then go to the sailor and he'll tell me whatelse to do? O.K. but he keeps on saying if you make yourself useful we might make you an anitor just yet.
If you get that message and can't figure out what you need to do you can do these safely.
Go up to the galley and click on the stove... if you already did that chore when you return to the first mate (bandana guy) he will still give you the same message else he will ask you to scrub the upper deck... Then you need to get the broom from the galley and sweep the floor outside the galley (you can sweep other floors, but this is sufficient)
After scrubbing the deck the first mate will order you to clean the Captain's Cabin... Do that with the feather duster and then when you return he will not be there... and the game continues...

Summer77
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by Summer77 » Thu May 26, 2011 3:31 pm

I've bet the game thanks for all the help. Now all I need is to download King's Quest 4 Perils of Rosella the remake and I'll be good

adeyke

#7 Post by adeyke » Thu May 26, 2011 3:50 pm

There is no KQ4 remake.

Summer77
Royal Servant Status

#8 Post by Summer77 » Thu May 26, 2011 3:58 pm

Awww Man all well. Do anyone have the other King's Quest 4 instead? I wish they did have the remake of this game.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#9 Post by DrJones » Thu May 26, 2011 3:59 pm

Fill the poll about which Sierra games you would want to see remade next, and hope for a crazy millionarie to come by and recruit AGDi to continue making games. :)

Summer77
Royal Servant Status

#10 Post by Summer77 » Thu May 26, 2011 10:57 pm

Gee Thanks sounds like a great idea why didn't I think of that?