Just completed the game

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

linus
Peasant Status

Just completed the game

#1 Post by linus » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:50 pm

Thank you very much for the game, I think you did a great job of capturing the spirit of the original while fleshing out the characters and story so much.

The game got me hooked again right from the beginning. I immediately loved the atmospheric backgrounds, the melancholic music and wonderful voice talent, especially for Alexander and Manannan. Alexander really sounded the part - not your average heroic adventure game character, but a desperate 17 year-old slave boy.

The conversations with Manannan, the library, the Medusa, the part on the pirate ship - it all made so much more sense now. Even the seemingly somewhat controversial orb thing at the end was a nice fix for the state Daventry is in at the beginning of KQ5, in my view. I also really liked your writing for the characters. The barmaid, the pirate captain, the previous Gwydion - they all became real characters in this game.

Thank you again, this was a wonderful experience, both very nostalgic and great in its own right at the same time. This is not an easy time in my life, and you brought much joy to me with this version of the game. Great job!