So... about The Father's plans... *spoilers*

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Jack Stryker
Peasant Status

So... about The Father's plans... *spoilers*

#1 Post by Jack Stryker » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:56 am

First time poster, long time AGD fan, yadda yadda yadda.

So, I just finished the game after learning about the black statue in the treasure chest; which is apparently the item that The Father was searching for. But now that its been smashed to pieces; which The Father doesn't seem too happy about, I'm guessing his quest has turned out to be a bust.

:lol Hehe... bust! Get it? ...Well, *I* thought it was funny.

spacecadet
Peasant Status

Re: So... about The Father's plans... *spoilers*

#2 Post by spacecadet » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:11 am

Jack Stryker wrote:First time poster, long time AGD fan, yadda yadda yadda.

So, I just finished the game after learning about the black statue in the treasure chest; which is apparently the item that The Father was searching for. But now that its been smashed to pieces; which The Father doesn't seem too happy about, I'm guessing his quest has turned out to be a bust.

:lol Hehe... bust! Get it? ...Well, *I* thought it was funny.
Heh, bust as in the thing is busted I guess? 'Cause "bust" as a noun would be the sculpture of an upper body, and here it was just a pair of cupped palms.

Anyway, as for the Father's plans, I suppose if there were ever an AGDI KQ4 Redux, which there won't be, we'd have found out how he was going to bounce back from this defeat. I gather Wookie's planned plot spanned the later games as well, considering the three phases of the curse as well as things like that post-MoE vision in KQ2+. Too bad we won't get to see any more.

Aristocles
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by Aristocles » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:11 am

I guess it is enough to know that the plans were foiled. If he could fix the hands at all, he wouldn't have been so angry.

Jack Stryker
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Jack Stryker » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:05 am

Heh, bust as in the thing is busted I guess? 'Cause "bust" as a noun would be the sculpture of an upper body, and here it was just a pair of cupped palms.
Actually, I meant his quest was a bust because that's what a failed mission is sometimes referred to as. But yeah, the joke is that the item has been busted, making his quest... you know.