Problem with spells in lab upon exiting book.

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Joe Mama
Peasant Status

Problem with spells in lab upon exiting book.

#1 Post by Joe Mama » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:28 pm

I am running into a couple of problems with the spells in the lab. Once I completed learning the 1st spell, such as talking to animals, and I exited the book, I turned into some creature and then the game is over.

I also ran into problems where I learned the 1st spell, I can't learn the 2nd spell without it backfiring and turning me into a creature. For example, I would learn the talking to animal spell (without exiting the book) and then when I tried to learn the "How to fly like an eagle or fly" spell, I have problems. I put the saffron with the rose petal essence as instructed in the spell book and I get turned into a creature. When I try the Fly spell first, I have no problem, but then when I try a second spell as soon as I make the first move for the spell, I turn into a creature and the game is over.

Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong or the cause of this?

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Re: Problem with spells in lab upon exiting book.

#2 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:13 pm

The only explanation is that you're missing a step. You must follow the instructions for each spell to the letter. Do everything it says. Are you speaking the incantation at the appropriate time? Waving the magic wand over the resulting magic object? They're not always in the same order, too.

Joe Mama
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Joe Mama » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:47 pm

MusicallyInspired wrote:The only explanation is that you're missing a step. You must follow the instructions for each spell to the letter. Do everything it says. Are you speaking the incantation at the appropriate time? Waving the magic wand over the resulting magic object? They're not always in the same order, too.

I did everything by the book. The 1st spell I always do works and the 2nd spell never works. Doesn't matter which spell is first or second. I mix them up and the first one always works and the 2nd one doesn't. If I restore and cast the previous second spell 1st, it works.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#4 Post by DrJones » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:07 pm

Try to leave the desk overview every time you finish casting of spells, instead of chaining spell recipes.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#5 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:52 am

If you finish a spell correctly it should automatically reset the view to the whole room away from the table.