Why after 18 years does the house suddenly run out of food?

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

BCaesar
Peasant Status

Why after 18 years does the house suddenly run out of food?

#1 Post by BCaesar » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:45 am

This just seemed kind of stupid to me. The wizard wants to be fed all the time. There are three items of food he will accept in the kitchen, and when these run out he'll punish and then kill me and I have no way to make more food from the ingredients in the kitchen. Nor does he ever buy more food.

Over the past 18 years how has he been eating? Either he's been buying more food in town or I've been cooking it, however in the game I can't cook and he doesn't buy more food so I have to disobey him and go outside to steal food.

It just seemed weird. The food in the kitchen should respawn or you should be able to cook more. Otherwise I would've died years ago.

Thoughts?

The only argument I could think of is that the wizard is looking for an excuse to kill me, but then he should kill me once I suddenly come up with an endless supply of porridge (given that he knows he's not buying the ingredients to make porridge so where am I getting it?).

Loney Childress
Peasant Status

Re: Why after 18 years does the house suddenly run out of fo

#2 Post by Loney Childress » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:05 pm

But the porridge is just right.....who can complain about that? lol

maniac4u
Peasant Status

Re: Why after 18 years does the house suddenly run out of fo

#3 Post by maniac4u » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:04 pm

BCaesar wrote:This just seemed kind of stupid to me. The wizard wants to be fed all the time. There are three items of food he will accept in the kitchen, and when these run out he'll punish and then kill me and I have no way to make more food from the ingredients in the kitchen. Nor does he ever buy more food.

Over the past 18 years how has he been eating? Either he's been buying more food in town or I've been cooking it, however in the game I can't cook and he doesn't buy more food so I have to disobey him and go outside to steal food.

It just seemed weird. The food in the kitchen should respawn or you should be able to cook more. Otherwise I would've died years ago.

Thoughts?

The only argument I could think of is that the wizard is looking for an excuse to kill me, but then he should kill me once I suddenly come up with an endless supply of porridge (given that he knows he's not buying the ingredients to make porridge so where am I getting it?).
Oohhh so I would have to keep going to the bear's house to get porridge for him? I ran out of food too and have no idea what to do.