Magically stopped working.

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

schwartr
Peasant Status

Magically stopped working.

#1 Post by schwartr » Sat May 18, 2013 5:44 pm

I got this game when it first came out and started to play it just fine. I had a lot of classes at the time and was unable to finish it. Now that I have time I clicked on the ole shortcut to start the game again (on the same computer, no changes done) and it just magically stopped working. I get the error:
Unable to initialize your audio hardware.
{problem: failed to init digital sound driver}

It worked before but just stopped for no apparent reason. I have reinstalled it and tried dosbox...nothing worked. Any ideas?

cpu: AMD 2.2 ghz dual core
GPU: Nvidia 260 gtx
4 gigs ram
build in sound card

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Re: Magically stopped working.

#2 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue May 21, 2013 5:16 am

It's not a DOS game. DOSBox will not work. Run the winsetup.exe and make sure the right audio device is selected maybe.

BlindingLightVR
Peasant Status

Re: Magically stopped working.

#3 Post by BlindingLightVR » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:00 am

MusicallyInspired wrote:It's not a DOS game. DOSBox will not work. Run the winsetup.exe and make sure the right audio device is selected maybe.
I have the same issue, for all the kings quest and the QFG II game. I try every single audio option for sound and midi and all the combos an it never works. Every game after it finishes installing gives me the audio error right away. I would love to play these games again but it is not looking good for me. I hope some one can help us!

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]