It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:59 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: King's Quest I VGA...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:54 pm 
The Master of All Things Musical

Either KQ3 or Conquests of Camelot next. It's still early, but these are the last dying breaths of the 34 page mega-topic known as 'Future Remake' so I say early or not, this topic must run it's course.

"Requires MCGA, CGA, VGA, PGA, or TA-RA-RA-BOOMGA!!" -Gary Owens, SQ4

Post subject: KQ4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:32 am 
Peasant Status

Sooo...

Of course KQ3 will be next, and maybe something non-KQ-related after it, but does Tierra have any plans on ever remaking KQ4? Because, really, that was the best one by far. And a remake would be awesome.

I'm just sayin'...

Post subject: next remakes
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:12 pm 
Peasant Status

It would be very interesting seeing a larry 2 vga ;) this way the girls would look better

Post subject: Re: yeah....................................................
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:14 pm 
The Enigma

LSL2 and 3 had the most prettiest girls for 16-colors. The shading and dithering made the girls so good looking and real, not like the 16 colors, non dithered girls in LSL1.

"Who am I? I'm Spiderman" Peter Parker

Tierra Game Central---http://www.tierragamecentral.cjb.net---

Post subject: remake
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:20 pm 
Peasant Status

You should remake Space Quest III. It was a great game. Don't let the SQ fans down.

Post subject: KQ3
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:37 am 
Royal Servant Status

KINGS QUEST III TO HIER IS TO HUMAN! REMAKE! REMAKE! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! please!:eek :o :rollin

Post subject: next remake
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:18 pm 
Peasant Status

When you get finished with kq3 vga, larry 2 vga whould be a good idea.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:53 pm 
The Enigma

That's if they start KQ3... ;)

Post subject: Re: remake
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:58 pm 
The Sleepy Specter

I agree with Enep. And after Larry2VGA you should do 'TBC' (if Disney says yes).

Post subject: Larry rules!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:02 am 
Peasant Status

I believe that Larry 2 VGA is better than all other games on the list. And also, you already have 2 remakes of the King's Quest and however, 0 of Larry. Larry deserves it :D D

Post subject: KQ3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:48 am 
Peasant Status

I have just become aware of what your doing and i applaude you. You have captured my intrest and i'm very excited about your third installment of kings quest.
I just pray to whatever gods i hold dear that they may speed you work upon what can only be a masterpiece. thanx for the great works.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:36 pm 

You know, I'm noticing that not very many people are hyped up about the QFG2 remake at all and are always asking "When you get done this what will you do?? Will you do KQ3? Please do COC or LB1!!!". Now I know there are quite a few people who want QFG2VGA. I'm not overly excited about it because I never really got into QFG, but I am interested by it and I want to play it. But it seems to me that there is a bulk of people (perhaps more than the people who are more crazy over QFG2VGA?) that are just patiently waiting for QFG2 to be done with so work can commence on another game whether it be KQ3, COC, LB1, whatever.

....yeah

Just something I noticed...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:49 pm 
Forum Administrator

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I think QFG2 has been the most anticipated project so far, since there are a lot more QFG-fans than KQ-fans. I personally think that if we wouldn't have announced QFG2VGA and added it to this poll instead, it might very well have beaten KQ3.

Post subject: Final thoughts?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:21 pm 
Archival Expert

Well, since Erpy said he would close this thread soon, I guess I better get in a last word.

For me, it comes down to that it's too hard to pick *just one* from a poll. As much cool as Conquest or Laura Bow or Police Quest or Larry would all be, if instead of just one choice I had *limited* choices, these are the games I really feel must be made by Tierra:

- King's Quest 3
- King's Quest 4
- (Space Quest 2)
- Space Quest 3

After all, Tierra have already made KQ1 and KQ2. They are making QFG2. QFG, KQ, and SQ were Sierra's most popular series. If Tierra made the games I list above, then all games of Sierra's most popular series would be updated into VGA.

Post subject: Re: KQ3
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 9:30 am 

Well...maybe it's because I'm not a QFG fan and don't read too many topics about it. I don't see what all the fuss is about, really. But then I don't know any of the stories. I have all the games up to 4 but never played them. I'll definitly show more of an interest by the time QFG2VGA comes out, anyway.

And, now once again for the last time, I'll vote my top 3 choices for Tierra to remake.

1: King's Quest 3 - It just must be done...no question...there is such a thing as going too far in a row but I don't think doing KQ3 crosses that line :)

2: Conquests Of Camelot - That story is really fascinating and captivating. One of the best adventure experiences I've ever had

3: LB1-Colonel's Bequest - I've never delved too deep into this game....I think all the writing down stuff and thinking turned me off to it lol. Like PQ4. I want to be drawn in and really think about the game hard and want the game to be really intelligent, but there's a line I won't cross and that's the kind of image Colonel's Bequest gave me, I guess. And then there's the parser interface which I despise...but anyway, I'd still love to see what it would look like in VGA and how it would be done....I'd play it a lot more, that's for sure.

Edited by: MusicallyInspired at: 6/20/03 1:02 am

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 1:32 pm 
The Enigma

OMG! 9 Days to go until we find out what the game is. Wait we know it's going to be KQ3. *sigh*

It would of been better if we couldn't of seen the result. It's be exciting, so cool. I say, next time you do a poll like this again it should be on the main Tierra page and there should be an option where only you can see the results. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 1:46 pm 
Forum Administrator

Whoa, wait. I think you misunderstood me. I mentioned closing the poll because I don't think the total results are going to change any time soon. We won't announce anything that day. I'm sorry if I gave people the wrong impression.

Post subject: Re: Final thoughts?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:44 am 

I didn't think that...I think our friend Broomie is getting jst a bit anxious, that's all ;) . But then how many more people are? lol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:22 pm 
Knight Status

Broomie, you broom stick...calm down....:lol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:46 pm 
Forum Administrator

I'm going to make an attempt to majorly destroy my credibility and take back my previous statement about locking the thread on its first birthday. The AGDs deemed it better to let this thread stick around until we made an official decision on our next project. (and once we're ready to start it)

Locking it might have the same result as creating a QFG2VGA-forum at this point; give people who aren't regulars here the impression that a released project is only a few months away.

Post subject: YEH!........................................................
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:43 pm 
King of Men

Would the next game be announced at the closing of this thread? Or would you just say a choice has been made and close the thread without any answer of the next game? Or have you not thought if this?

The Knight

"What is this song all about?
Can't figure any Lyrics out
How do the words to it go?
I wish you'd tell me, I don't know."

Post subject: Re: Final thoughts?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:52 pm 
The Enigma

Optic you prick... calm down...

just kidding :lol

Edited by: broomie at: 6/16/03 3:59 pm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:06 pm 
Seto Kaiba Fangirl

Why is every so anxious to hear about the new game? Even if it were to be announced today, I doubt any real effort would be put into it until QFG2 is done....

I'd like to see Tierra do their own games, or maybe do a cross-over. I can see a combination of Sierra's game series...that would be great, and nearly everyone would be somewhat satisfied since the remake they want could possibly be in there somewhere

-----------------
King illegal forest to pig wild kill in it a is!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:10 pm 
Forum Administrator

Original games may not be an unlikely option for the future. As soon as we get the opportunity to start it.

Post subject: Re: YEH!....................................................
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:36 am 
Royal Servant Status

Quote:
- King's Quest 3
- King's Quest 4
- (Space Quest 2)
- Space Quest 3

After all, Tierra have already made KQ1 and KQ2. They are making QFG2. QFG, KQ, and SQ were Sierra's most popular series. If Tierra made the games I list above, then all games of Sierra's most popular series would be updated into VGA.

Ok, they will surely remake KQ3, but that will be their last remake I would say. A SQ3-remake would be blasphemy and a SQ2-remake isn't possible, since Chickensoup will never officially cancel his project and a remake of KQ4 isn't really necessary. I'm sure their future projects will all be original games.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 719 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next