Anyone interested in this remake? (Archived)

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Re: Anyone interested in this remake?

#51 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:06 am

wow i am impressed! ive got good ideas for intro music and other themes and such i just need to run some things by you.

"Requires MCGA, CGA, VGA, PGA, or TA-RA-RA-BOOMGA!!" -Gary Owens, SQ4

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#52 Post by navynuke04 » Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:20 am

Thanks, MI! Looking forward to hearing what you come up with... all the intro really needs now is some good music. That and I think the chickens need a little work Image

"Without the fleet, the contest would be on our home grounds, and war is one contest in which it is best to be on the visiting team." -ADM Nimitz

nzgoat213
Peasant Status

Stick to this

#53 Post by nzgoat213 » Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:15 pm

stick to this project u r honestly very talented and im sure ur make a very good remake with a few little ajustments i think tierra should do a remake aswell but u should stick to this cause it sounds promising Image and do u have a web site 4 ur game or are u thinkin of makin one cause im sure loads of people would be interested in one and it would be good to see tha updates on it 2. :D :D

nzgoat213
Peasant Status

also

#54 Post by nzgoat213 » Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:20 pm

i wouldnt mind seein the game remade to ags in tha orginal ega graphics with only a few minor aggestments but id also luv to see it remade in vga aswell but thats just my opinion it would be cool if u done it in both graphics styles but that would take to long a thought if u done it in ega and tierra done theres in vga but i guess it would be better if u done urs in vga. Im just real keen to play it in point and click style thats all i dont mind which graphics style anyways stick to it and i hope u and tierra can both do remakes of kq3 cause it was dissapointing that tierra shut down there sq2vga project because someone else was doing it i hope this does not interferr with tierras plans of remakin kq3 with a slight change in the plot because i cant wait til either is released good luck dont give up ur remake looks really hopeful. :D :D

The LucasFan
Royal Servant Status

Re: Stick to this

#55 Post by The LucasFan » Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:44 pm

Hey, why doesn't Tierra start a "Remake the Mannanan-castle"-contest? Could be funny! And the winner gets the never released Royal-Quest-version! :)

the sniggering mason
Peasant Status

#56 Post by the sniggering mason » Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:56 pm

As pointed out many times before, Tierra won't release Royal Quest for many reasons. And why release a game that is not finished (it's probably not even playable)?

mason

Edited by: the sniggering mason at: 1/16/03 11:58:52 am

The LucasFan
Royal Servant Status

#57 Post by The LucasFan » Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:04 pm

Nice to see that you understood the joke... Image

the sniggering mason
Peasant Status

#58 Post by the sniggering mason » Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:17 pm

Oooops sorry! :o

Zeus
Knight Status

#59 Post by Zeus » Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:59 pm

i liked what i saw navynuke as well.

But i hope Tierra will not abandon kq3vga because of your project.

Maybe someone from Tierra can relax us, in this point.

If a remake of kq3 from other people will stop the idea of remaking kq3 from tierra 100%.

It would be nice to have both versions (i mean having the tierra remake as well ) : one with ega design but with enhanced pallete kai resolution, and one with new design graphics!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#60 Post by Erpy » Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:40 pm

Hey, why doesn't Tierra start a "Remake the Mannanan-castle"-contest? Could be funny! And the winner gets the never released Royal-Quest-version!
In that case, not everyone might WANT to win.

The LucasFan
Royal Servant Status

#61 Post by The LucasFan » Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:16 pm

Btw: What happened to your Fan Gallery?

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#62 Post by navynuke04 » Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:14 am

I don't want our project to interfere with any plans Tierra has of redoing KQ3 either. You here that Tierra? You must remake KQ3. You have to. I will fly to Australia and force you to, if you say that the project was abandoned because of me... :)

As for the web page for our KQ3 remake, there is not one currently up, although I have thought about it... it's just that I feel my time is better spent on the program, then on designing a web page... Once the program is finished, I'm sure there will be a web page for it.

I don't have plans on giving up making this remake... although I am in the military, and we are in troubled times. If all those people in the middle east would straighten up, you wouldn't have to worry about me giving up the project. You here that Saddaam??? Stop it now, or no KQ3 remake for you!!! :)

"Without the fleet, the contest would be on our home grounds, and war is one contest in which it is best to be on the visiting team." -ADM Nimitz

The Knight
King of Men

WOW!........................................................

#63 Post by The Knight » Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:26 am

WOW! Looks like things are coming along great navynuke. I can't wait for the next demo. Also, I have a suggestion with the spells. If you can, something like KQ2 when you make the emerald whould be awesome.

The Knight

The LucasFan
Royal Servant Status

Re: WOW!....................................................

#64 Post by The LucasFan » Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:42 am

war is one contest in which it is best to be on the visiting team
LOL - and they delete MY posts...

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#65 Post by Erpy » Fri Jan 17, 2003 1:25 am

Yeah, lots of kiddo's will either read past that line or won't comprehend it. Certain pictures on the other hand tend to catch one's eyesight and won't let go....

Erm...if you're referring to the old fan gallery, there used to be one at the old site, but I don't think we've had time to add a new one to this particular site. (the whole fan gallery already moved out of the spotlight a bit in the past) If we'd decide to add one in the future, it'd probably be listed in the now-empty extra's-section on the main site.<

The LucasFan
Royal Servant Status

#66 Post by The LucasFan » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:35 am

Yeah, lots of kiddo's will either read past that line or won't comprehend it. Certain pictures on the other hand tend to catch one's eyesight and won't let go....
If your friends ever decide to reopen the gallery, don't forget my fan pics.

They weren't really all that bad... Image

adeyke

Yes...

#67 Post by adeyke » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:46 am

These really aren't that bad. More like, really wonderful. :p

The Knight
King of Men

I think......................................

#68 Post by The Knight » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:58 am

MuzlakOofmay, when you are done with your game. Why don't you and The LucasFan team up for KQ4. With two great artists like yourselves. It should be easy.

The Knight

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

What's wrong with that quote?

#69 Post by navynuke04 » Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:59 am

Did you find something offensive with that quote? All it's saying is that the Navy, by being constantly deployed overseas, keeps the fighting away from America. Many people don't understand the military and feel that it is not necessary. The quote only says that if we had no military, all the fighting and everything that is going on elsewhere in the world would be happening here too.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

VGA Graphics

#70 Post by navynuke04 » Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:24 am

Maybe after we get the game completed, someone might be kind enough to donate VGA graphics for me to plug into the game...

The Knight
King of Men

Well...............................................

#71 Post by The Knight » Fri Jan 17, 2003 4:01 am

Good luck to you. Hope you can get the game done, and get some VGA graphics to put in it some more.

The Knight

MuzlakOofmay
Lumberjack

Re: Well...............................................

#72 Post by MuzlakOofmay » Fri Jan 17, 2003 4:52 am

Actually, The Knight, I'm a programmer, not an artist. Im programming an RPG, and when I'm finished with that, I'll be making an adventure game engine, similiar to AGS, but with some things that fit my needs, and things I would like different.

Anyways, my next project IS to remake KQ4, and we have an artist that is chugging away as we speak on remaking the backgrounds, we hope to have half done by the time Arean's Wish is finished. If someone else takes the job first, we'll donate the artwork to them.

The Knight
King of Men

okay........................................................

#73 Post by The Knight » Fri Jan 17, 2003 9:40 pm

It was just a thought a thought I had.

I hope the KQ3 remake doesn't run into many problems.

MuzlakOofmay, what's the website to the game if you have one up right now?

The Knight

adeyke

Hmmm...

#74 Post by adeyke » Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:25 pm

I believe his site can be accessed by clicking the Sponge Factory image...

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

Muzlack's Main Project

#75 Post by navynuke04 » Sat Jan 18, 2003 5:43 am

Muzlack's main project is Arean's Wish (which is linked to by his Sponge Factory image). He is working part-time with me on the KQ3 project. I'm programming, he's working on graphics, and I'm proud to announce that MusicallyInspired has joined the team to work on music.

To tell the truth, this is shaping up pretty good. Manannan is now barking out orders, Gwydion is hording stuff under his bed, and the magic map is brighting up with every step we take...