PROBLEM WITH MUSIC

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Bajamamut
Peasant Status

PROBLEM WITH MUSIC

#1 Post by Bajamamut » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:34 am

Hello there! First of all, I'm a Spanish boy who enjoys playing adventure games, and I discovered this page when exploring with google about King's Quest...AND I DO HAVE TO SAY THE PROJECT AND THE RESULTS ARE AWESOME, MAN!!! :eek  :rollin

Well, I'm glad about enjoying King Graham's adventures, but I just detected a little problem with KQ1...My music GOES LIKE INTERFERED, as if they were tearing something in front of the microphone, you know...

Please, help me!!! I'd like to enjoy the game in its full potential, so if anyone can help me...

Oh! I almost forgot, my OS is WinXP, and I have an Athlon

P.D. Sorry for some bad english over here :o  :p

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#2 Post by Angelus3K » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:40 am

Hi Bajamamut, welcome to AGDI!

Do you know what sound card you have? Also alot of problems can occur when other programs are running in the background which could be using the sound card.

Make sure all non-essential programs are closed and that nothing is using your sound card.

I assume your using the digital music pack? Is eveything fine when using the defualt midi tunes?

Angelus
Last edited by Angelus3K on Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bajamamut
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Bajamamut » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:56 am

Well, the soundcard is integrated in the motherboad, I think iit's ASUS but I'm not sure...

Now I'm only running Emule but it has no needing of sound

It's the digital music what brings a problem, I'm now playing with the digipack choice deactivated and there's no problem yet, but why doesn't the digital music work?

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#4 Post by Angelus3K » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:58 am

Your using KQ1 V3.0 yeah?

Bajamamut
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Bajamamut » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:45 am

oops, forgive me, yes, I'm using the brand new 3.0 version :p

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#6 Post by Angelus3K » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:10 am

I would say try updating your drivers for your sound card but if you only have this problem with KQ1VGA then I'm not sure whether that would fix it.

Hopefully someone else might provide an answer until then the best thing to do would be to re-download the music pack and also have a look in this thread for similar problems as the answer may already be posted somewhere.

BTW Have you tried the speech pack? Is that working ok?

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#7 Post by navynuke04 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:29 pm

I kind of sounds like a corrupted download to me. I'd try redownloading the music pack.