Forum Jumping Glitch

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

The Guy
Knight Status

Forum Jumping Glitch

#1 Post by The Guy » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:05 pm

Greetings to AGDI and all, I wasn't sure whether to place this in the General or Off-Topic forum, so I decided here would be best. I'm sure it is not too big a deal, but I noticed when in any forum, I am not able to use the Jump To option unless I click on a post and do it from there.  As I stated earlier, it doesn't seem too big a deal, since you can also use the click option on the top and bottom right side to just go back and move on from there.  Just thought I would bring it up all the same.  Other then that, thank you for remaking the first two King's Quest games (having only started with KQ6 and never having been able to play/buy the first 2).  Also, patiently and eagerly looking forward to the Quest for Glory 2 remake.  Hopefully there may the possible remakes of the 3rd & 4th KQ games, of course after you have finished the projects you are currently working on.  Once again thank you for the games you have remade and any future ones you will remake.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#2 Post by navynuke04 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:40 pm

The forum jumping code works just fine for me. What browser are you using?

The Guy
Knight Status

#3 Post by The Guy » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:59 pm

I am using Firefox and I have the latest update.  Is it a conflict of some kind maybe?

EDIT: Also, I just noticed it says Moved next to the topic name, yet I can see it in both the General and Technical & Bugs forums.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#4 Post by navynuke04 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:16 pm

I moved it from the General Forum to the Tech & Bugs forum. I left a shadow so that you'd be able to find it.

I'm still using IE. I'm sure phpBB wrote the code to work with IE. I don't think it's necessarily an issue with our forums, but a general issue with phpBB.

The Guy
Knight Status

#5 Post by The Guy » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:19 pm

So I would be much better off using Internet Explorer then using Firefox?
Also, you may remove the shadow, for I will go to the Technical & Bugs Forum since I know it will be here now.  Edit: Another thing, what is phpBB?  A form of scripting for web browsers?  And if so, how might I find out if Firefox has it?  I know you stated you still use Internet Explorer, but maybe there is another here that can help me with Firefox?  I don't really like using Internet Explorer, Firefox is just my personal preference.
Last edited by The Guy on Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#6 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:43 pm

phpBB is forum (bulletin board) software written in PHP. It is most likely written specifically for IE and not for other browsers.

Most websites on the net are designed for IE only so people using browsers like Firefox, Opera and Safari may encounter small bugs. There's nothing anyone can do about them until the browser developers make their browsers more compatible with the IE standard.

The Guy
Knight Status

#7 Post by The Guy » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:59 pm

Ahhh ok, thank you both for your quick and timely responses.  Would this also be why some posts I go to read load instantaneously and others seem to take forever?  Or is that just my connection itself?  I have a cable connection, so I would think they would all load up fine, unless it is just bandwidth related.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#8 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:05 pm

I sometimes have that problem and I use Opera.

I think its a mix between browser and that this is quite a busy forum at times.

The Guy
Knight Status

#9 Post by The Guy » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:33 pm

Ahh I see, well thank you both again.  This seems an excellent place to be a member of, I'm glad to have happened across it.
Edit: Now thinking upon it, I probably should've broken my first post into two different posts, so as to have the Glitch post and Thank you for making the games post separate.
Last edited by The Guy on Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#10 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:56 pm

No probs, welcome to the forums btw  :)