My apolozies have been sent to all forums.

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Alias (Guest)

My apolozies have been sent to all forums.

#1 Post by Alias (Guest) » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:40 pm

My apolozies have been sent to all forums, since I cannot post in the normal foums I posted here to let you all know. I'm deeply sorry for what I've done. I thought it would be better to say it was ''VU'' Rather than saying that we don't have enough time to finish this project, I was thinking of our image and not looking like idiots by starting somehting we cant finish, and it turned out we probably look worse.

Keepest apologies,
Alias

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#2 Post by Erpy » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:10 pm

I'd still appreciate it if you'd post on the Just Adventure thread as well, as it was a separate thread just for the subject.

That said, I appreciate the fact you took some time to clear this up. I'm not sure how people will react. Only time will tell. I'll take your ban down within a few weeks. I believe it's best if you take a slight break until this matter has slightly settled down. Once I remove the ban, I'll contact you by email.

Since the matter you concerned yourself with was team image, you SHOULD have discussed this with your team members before pulling a crazy stunt like this. They probably would have told you that this was not the right thing to do. You basically made a decision that wasn't yours alone to take. I hope most people will realize this was a unilateral action, rather than a team effort.

There WOULD have been people who'd say "you can't finish what you start...loser.", but most people who are somewhat into the fangame scene know that developing a game takes a lot of time and effort and sometimes real life gets in the way. If you would have insisted to put some blame on VU, you would have been able to write something like "motivation was already declining and with KQ9's cease and desist, we realized we didn't have the drive to go on with something that wasn't guaranteed to be spared a similar fate". Even without such a motivation, people would have looked at the art and said...what a shame, too bad but good luck in the future. Most people are sports when it comes to that. And I think Khaveen told you to cancel things BECAUSE he didn't want the project to become a walking dead, still online but never going to be finished while the team insists it will be completed SOMEDAY.

In the future, please be careful with these kinds of actions...as you can see this sort of stuff can easily take on a life of its own. I also hope this is a lesson on knowing when to quit. Anybody could have foretold that Khaveen would eventually come online and clear things up, so why the insistence to keep to your story? Just to save yourself from the chop until the very end? It made the end all the more painful. Next time, consider quitting while you're still ahead. It would have limited the damage to your credibility.

Alias (NL)

#3 Post by Alias (NL) » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:19 pm

Erpy wrote:I'd still appreciate it if you'd post on the Just Adventure thread as well, as it was a separate thread just for the subject.
It won't let me log in. And when you do contact me, please use the gmail email.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#4 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:43 pm

Thats what I didnt get, why lie when Khaveen would eventually see it...?