No Sound

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Jomme Keller

No Sound

#1 Post by Jomme Keller » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:56 pm

Hello,
Just downloaded the KQ1 version with music and speech pack.
But no sound what so ever. Only when the tierra name is in my screen.
Tried a lot of things....Kinda desperate.

Cheers,
Jomme

The Guy
Knight Status

#2 Post by The Guy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:33 am

Greetings, sorry about my late response.  Have you gotten the game to run with the game packs yet?  Also, how did you run the game?  Did you use the "Play King's Quest VGA" option or did you use the "King's Quest 1 Launcher"?  If you try the launcher you may be able to get the sound to run.  I had a similar problem with KQII.  Run the launcher for the first game, click on Options, and make sure the boxes are checked for the music and speeh packs.  After that click on the Save and Run box and let me know if you have had any success.  Hopefully this works out for you, if not then I am not sure at the moment.

JOMMEKELLER

NO SUCCES SO FAR

#3 Post by JOMMEKELLER » Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:20 pm

Hi there,

I've tried the launcher...did not have any succes.

Got this message: Unable to initialize your audio hardware [problem: digital sound driver not found]

then the game runs...the only sound I get is in the short TIERRA movie. But when te game starts...no sound what so ever.

Please help me, I am dying to play this game..but without the sound it is not as much fun.

I already installed a good Direct X driver, and my there was never a problem with my digital sound driver.

Cheers,
Jomme Keller

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#4 Post by navynuke04 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:28 pm

Do you have any programs running in the background that might be using your sound driver?

Broomie
The Enigma

#5 Post by Broomie » Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:37 pm

Make sure there are no programs in the background that is using sound, even having Winamp or another music player open yet not even playing anything.

If that fails to work, try running the stand alone file and not from the launcher.

And lastly, if that fails to work:
AGD2 wrote:Sometimes this happens if you click Save and Run in the setup program (or Play Game from the menu launcher) and then interrupt it while it's starting to load the game (i.e. by clicking the mouse elsewhere).

If this is the case, you just need to leave the setup program run without interruption until the game has fully loaded up.