kq1vga crashes when graham dies

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

kyrth

kq1vga crashes when graham dies

#1 Post by kyrth » Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:29 pm

this is a VERY consistant bug. When you die it will display the restore/quit etc death window for a second and then exit to windows. When you try to reenter the game nothing happens; also my computer will not shut down or restart. At first I had the speech and music pack installed, but when this happened I tried it without them and it still continues to crash my system at character death. I have a pentium 4 1.8ghz running windows xp and the latest version of the game.

This is sad because I'm really excited about your project. Keep up the good work, hopefully with less bugs though :)

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:22 pm

Is there any specific error message displayed when the game exits to windows or none at all? If there is, you should be able to use CTRL-C and CTRL-V to paste it here. Unfortunately, it sounds like an engine crash and not a scripting bug, which we don't have any control over.

I assume you have the latest version of directX installed? You might also try running and playing the game in windowed mode (from the setup) to see if it makes a difference.

#3 Post by Guest » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:02 pm

Nope, unfortunately it just closes with no error message. I think my direct X version is 9; it usually comes bundled with games I buy so it stays up to date. I'll reinstall and try the windowed mode and see if that helps.

kyrth

#4 Post by kyrth » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:13 pm

whoops, the above post was mine. Windowed mode crashes but does give an error message, just the standard windows message.

"kqvga.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I clicked to see more details on the error and it gave the following:

AppName: kqvga.exe AppVer: 2.56.631.0 ModName: kqvga.exe
ModVer: 2.56.631.0 Offset: 000b2b65

I clicked to view technical information about the error report and it showed a few hundred lines of code, but unfortunately didn't let me copy it (it wouldn't highlight). I doubt this helps at all, but thanks for your reply anyway :)

icaroz
Peasant Status

#5 Post by icaroz » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:19 pm

I just got the game and get the same crashes every time I die (perhaps I should try dieing less often).
I get the death dialog, few sec wait and crash.

On a dualcore 1,83ghz, 2g ram, widescreen laptop atm.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:38 pm

And there's no error message that appears when it crashes?