problem with downloading kq2 music pack - invalid data

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

maggers
Peasant Status

problem with downloading kq2 music pack - invalid data

#1 Post by maggers » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:20 pm

Hello!  I have successfully downloaded King's Quest 2 as well as the speech pack, but whenever I try to download the music pack, I get a message saying "this file contains invalid data."  How can I install the music pack?

maggers

The Guy
Knight Status

#2 Post by The Guy » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:47 pm

Greetings there, Maggers. I have just downloaded both the music and speech pack with no problem whatsoever, so I have no idea why this has occurred in such a way for you. Perhaps you should try to download it again and see if the result is the same. And welcome to the forums as well!

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#3 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:29 pm

Try clearing your cache before you attempt to download it again, just in case. My browser does that to me a lot, too. When I download patches for games or MP3s or something. They sometimes come out incomplete and I have to clear my cache and try again and it works.

maggers
Peasant Status

#4 Post by maggers » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:46 pm

Thank you for the advice!  One question though - what does it mean to clear my cache?  How do I do that?   :)

The Guy
Knight Status

#5 Post by The Guy » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:23 pm

To clear your cache is to remove all the little bits of information that your web browser uses to access websites a bit faster.  If you need to clear your cache, go to the Tools tab in your browser, scroll down and click on Options, look for the Privacy tab, and Cache will be at the bottom of the list.  You can also increase or decrease the amount of cache used by clicking on the little + symbol next to cache.  Hope this helps and have fun playing the game.

The Avatar
Knight Status

clearing cache

#6 Post by The Avatar » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:25 pm

hmm.. i don't see 'cache' anywhere on my Privacy tab.  Are you sure that's where to find it?  My privacy tab has two components, the Privacy Setting slider, and an option to edit cookie handling for individual websites. <shrug>

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#7 Post by navynuke04 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:44 pm

In Internet Explorer, click Tools and then Internet Options. The General tab will look like the image below. Under Temporary Internet Files, you'll want to Delete Files... and check Delete all offline content. This will delete all the files Internet Explorer has been saving.