Problems downloading AGDI's Games?

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

Problems downloading AGDI's Games?

#1 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:08 am

A common problem for some users when downloading KQ1VGA and KQ2VGA seems to be "invaild data" or "data is corrupt" error messages.

These messages simply mean the download has not been 100% completed or in slight cases perhaps the particular mirror* you downloaded from is having problems.

The best solution is to download the files again which means in most cases you will get the file from a different mirror and hopefully get a 100% complete file. The best way to ensure this is to use download managers such as GetRight or Internet Download Manager (IDM) these programs will ensure that every single byte of data is downloaded greatly reducing the chance of invalid data errors etc.

The above programs are especially good if you have a 56k dial-up connection as they can allow you to pause the download and resume it at a later time if necessary.

Also these programs can greatly improve overall download speed on 56k dial-up and broadband connections by breaking up the file you are downloading into smaller chunks then merging the chunks back together once the download has completed. If you are having trouble downloading files that have invalid or corrupt data errors it can help to turn these features off to ensure that nothing further complicates the download.

Also be sure to check out the Technical FAQ

Any futher questions or queries don't hesitate to ask here  ;)

*A mirror is basically a number of different web sites hosting the same file thus providing a "mirror image" of the same file in case one of the download sites goes down or is unavailable.

Imo
Peasant Status

#2 Post by Imo » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:37 pm

Hi,
I can download both KQ1 and KQ2 games, but there is a DNS error message when I try to download the voice and music packs.

Is there any other place I can get them from?

Thanks a lot for your help.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#3 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:13 pm

Keep trying. The same link directs to multiple mirrors. You'll find one that works eventually. There's no other place to get it that I know of.

woodzey29
Peasant Status

download problems

#4 Post by woodzey29 » Thu May 10, 2007 11:10 pm

Im getting the bandwidth exceeded & page cannot be displayed, keep trying and nothing been trying for last three days!!!!!

Relight
Archival Expert

#5 Post by Relight » Sat May 19, 2007 11:40 pm

I have had no problems getting the downloads to work. One of our mirrors does seem to have a bandwidth problem. But our mirrors rotate, so if you keep trying the link, you should get a mirror that works.

I'll have to speak to the person who is having bandwidth problems.

Meanwhile, we've lost almost all our mirrors over the years. If you have webspace that you can offer to host our downloads, please email web@agdinteractive.com.

rmcin329
Peasant Status

#6 Post by rmcin329 » Sun May 20, 2007 7:14 pm

are the downloads currently down? I'm getting a "the webpage cannot be found" error upon trying to use the download links.

Relight
Archival Expert

#7 Post by Relight » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:01 am

PEOPLE!

Our mirrors rotate, so if you keep trying the link, you should get a mirror that works.

We're still on the lookout for new mirrors. To anyone who can help host our download files, your storage and bandwidth would be appreciated!

Nutsaur
Peasant Status

#8 Post by Nutsaur » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:37 am

I'm attempting to download Kings Quest 1 and i'm not getting a out of bandwidth page im just getting an error page. I checked here and its been suggested to keep attempting until the mirror changes so I did...for between 30 minutes and an hour.
How long does it take to get a new mirror and should I click the link or should I save target as?

Thanks

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#9 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:35 pm

I have uploaded the games, music packs, and speech packs to a temporary space until we can get this issue sorted out.

King's Quest 1 VGA Folder:
http://www.filefactory.com/f/538666120d7f696c/

King's Quest 2 VGA Folder:
http://www.filefactory.com/f/91d36cbb25bbaf46/

Simply click on the relevant link above for the game you wish to download. You will see 3 links to the files that can be downloaded for that game. Click on a link and it'll take you to a new page.  

Scroll about halfway down and you'll see a blue link in the center of the page which says "Download for free with FileFactory Basic".  Click that and it'll go to another new page.  Enter the Captcha anti-spambot code and click the button.  You'll see a new link that says "Click here to begin your download".  Click that and you'll then be able to save the file to your hard drive. Whew!

You need to follow the same process for each file you wish to download. Sorry about the inconvenience, but until we get some offers for more reliable hosts, I'm afraid this is the only option.

Let us know if there are any problems. Thanks.

Nutsaur
Peasant Status

#10 Post by Nutsaur » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:13 am

Awesome that worked fine. Thank you very much.

smoker420
Peasant Status

#11 Post by smoker420 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:53 pm

I am having trouble downloading the KQ1VGA and the KQ1MUSICPACK.  I keep getting the CRC error.  i have used getright to download these files many times.  I have even tried the link 2 posts above me but it says that they have no records on file for that folder.  If there is anything else i can do please let me know.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#12 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:47 am

The only thing I can suggest is to try downloading them without using GetRight and see if that works.

Man
Peasant Status

#13 Post by Man » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:59 pm

Hi I am actually trying to get this on to a floppy in Drive A. I'm using a public computer and it has firewalls. I got like this uninstall with an X on it.

adeyke

#14 Post by adeyke » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:29 pm

I don't understand what you're trying to say with that last part, but the games are way too big to fit on a floppy.  Even without the music and voices, KQ1VGA would need about 20 disks (and you'd need to use some software to split the file first), while KQ2VGA is about twice that size.

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#15 Post by Music Head » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:48 am

You should go buy yourself a usb memory stick to download the gams onto, they're cheap as chips nowadays.

Man
Peasant Status

#16 Post by Man » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:54 pm

Yeah what happened was that I tried to download the game on a floppy and the computer i was using made this buzzing sound...there was like all these icons popping up on the floppy and the uninstall with a red X over it was one of them. I'll get get the usb memeory stick though

adeyke

#17 Post by adeyke » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:55 pm

That sounds like you were trying to install it onto a floppy.  When you run the installer, it'll place a number of files into the installation directory, and the uninstaller does have a red X as part of its icon.

pass
Royal Servant Status

#18 Post by pass » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:53 am

Once you get the memory stick, you should copy the single file you downloaded (not double-click, copy!) to the memory stick, and when you plug it into the computer you want to install it on, that's when you double click it and choose a place on that computer.

If you want to install it on your own computer, you wouldn't need a memory stick or a floppy at all...

Generally, installing things on your memory stick isn't advisable.

Man
Peasant Status

#19 Post by Man » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:54 pm

If you have the internet on your personal computer. the memory stick is nicely formatted.