KQ1-Illegal Exception

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

RosiRose
Peasant Status

KQ1-Illegal Exception

#1 Post by RosiRose » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:53 pm

Hi, I just recently downloaded KQ1VGA a couple of days ago.  My husband got it up and running, and now I'm trying to play it, but I get this error message:

---------------------------
Illegal exception
An exception 0xC0000005 occured in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x004D2F3A ; program pointer is +0, ACI version 2.56.631, gtags (0,0)

AGS cannot continue, this exception was fatal. Please note down the numbers above, remember what you were doing at the time and notify CJ on the Tech forum.

Most versions of Windows allow you to press Ctrl+C now to copy this entire message to the clipboard for easy reporting.
OK  

I'm running the Windows 2000 SP4, with an AMD Athlon ~1.3 gHz processor.  We, just today, downloaded and updated our DirectX 7.0 to a DirectX 9.0c.  The video card we're using is a nVidia TNT2, with 32mb memory.  No sound card is being recognized by our computer right now, but we figured it would just mean that we wouldn't hear any sounds.

As I said before, it worked for my husband the first time, now it won't run.  I read another thread posted earlier this year in January, but the person never got a response -at least posted- on that thread.

If anyone can help, this would be so GREAT.  Thank you.

pass
Royal Servant Status

#2 Post by pass » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:55 pm

Are you getting this when you execute the game, a few seconds later, or at a certain point during the game? Does anything activate it?

RosiRose
Peasant Status

#3 Post by RosiRose » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:12 am

It pops up as soon as I click on any link to the game.  I've tried going through the launch menu, directly off the computer file, and typing in the run line.

Bigfan
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Bigfan » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:39 am

Possibly a corrupted installation?  Sometimes a hiccup during download can cause problems like that.  Try uninstalling it, clearing your browser's cache, and downloading it again.

rocket
Peasant Status

#5 Post by rocket » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:16 am

I fixed this actually by downloading AGS itself.

renaming kqvga.exe to ac2game.dat then changing ags's executable file to kqvga.exe seems to fix the problem