KQI Run-time error

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Rabidtreeweasel
Peasant Status

KQI Run-time error

#1 Post by Rabidtreeweasel » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:38 pm

I've installed KQI on vista and I'm having some trouble keeping the game running once it's started.  I keep getting the following error:  Adventure Game Studio run-time engine has stopped working.

It doesn't happen at any specific point in the game and the amount of time it allows me to play varies anywhere from three to thirty minutes.  I know other people have gotten the game to run on vista successfully.  Any advice?

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#2 Post by Music Head » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:45 am

Are you able to run the game with some sort of compatibility option in Windows Vista? Maybe by right clicking the executable game file, going to properties, and selecting the compatibility tab like in Windows XP? I've never found the compatibility feature of XP to be useful but maybe it'll help you out.

If not try fiddling with the games options, in particular try enabling the 'force letterbox res option (seems to fix lots of different problems).

I did a forum search and came up with this post (among others) maybe either this or the others will help, viewtopic.php?t=11459.

Hope that helps, happy questing ;)