I was so disappointed

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Court

I was so disappointed

#1 Post by Court » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:54 am

I am in love with KQ! I played it constantly when I was a little girl with my Dad... and both downloads of the game don't work on my computer! What the f**k. I changed it to the 640 resolution instead of the 320 and it still doesn't work. It loads into a black screen... and doesn't go anywhere from there. The only conclusion i can come to is that my computer is too good for the game...  please help!

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#2 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:18 am

That's not the problem. The game engine KQ1 and 2 VGA were designed in is meant to play played on high-end machines. The only thing I can think of is you don't have the latest version of DirectX, maybe? Does AGS use directx?

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#3 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:25 am

Without an error message I can only recommend you try downloading the game again.

What are your computer specs, video card, OS etc?

I have an Athlon 3500+ and the games run fine for me.

Court

#4 Post by Court » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:23 pm

Well I am downloading the latest direct x... i tried downloading the game again as well. anything to get this game to work on my computer. my dad doesn't remember what video card i have, where can i find out without taking it apart?

Da_elf
Knight Status

#5 Post by Da_elf » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:02 pm

well its worked on my p3 450 internet computer with an 8 year old 16mb video card and its also worked on my newish dual opteron with 128mb video card.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#6 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:38 pm

Court wrote:Well I am downloading the latest direct x... i tried downloading the game again as well. anything to get this game to work on my computer. my dad doesn't remember what video card i have, where can i find out without taking it apart?
Right click a blank space of the desktop and click Properties, then click Settings followed by Advanced then Adapter and it will be where it says Chip type.

Relight
Archival Expert

#7 Post by Relight » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:01 pm

It may be trying to play the opening video segment and not having the right codec.

I assume you already did, but have you tried just hitting escape or clicking the mouse to see what happens?

Also, did you try the option that lets you specify to run the game in a window instead of in full screen?