Resolution annoyance

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

JSBradley
Peasant Status

Resolution annoyance

#1 Post by JSBradley » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:28 pm

Hello

Not sure if anyone has experienced this problem or not, but after I play KQI or KQII with 320X200 resolution, the next time I shutdown or restart my computer, my desktop reboots in 320X200 mode instead of my normal setting of 1280X800.  My computer automatically recognizes that the resolution is different and I can go through a few steps to get it back to normal, but is there any way to prevent this from happening in the first place?

Thanks

JS

Broomie
The Enigma

#2 Post by Broomie » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:21 pm

If anyone has a better and logical solution then go with that one but try playing the game in 640x400 and if it still is a problem play it in that resolution but in a window via setup.

I've had that problem before but not with KQ1 or KQ2. Yet instead of returning to normal it just stayed in 320x200 after I had closed the game so I had to use Display Properties to do it manually.

Yet that's all I can suggest, if someone knows the more logical approach then the stage is all yours.

Dju
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Dju » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:52 pm

Well, I had the same problem when I tried to play the old Sierra games in Windows, but since I now use DOSBox I don't have to think about it anymore.

But again, some people find DOSBox a pain in the ass so I won't bug you with that unless you'd like some help with it.

Maybe it would be worth trying to check the compatibility options of the .EXE you're trying to run and check the "Run in 640*480 resolution" thingie.