Can't Play KQ1 or 2

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

gorilla1
Peasant Status

Can't Play KQ1 or 2

#1 Post by gorilla1 » Tue May 16, 2006 11:56 pm

So, I downloaded both of these games, numerous times, with and without GetRight. They install fine, but when I go to play I get a screen that says loading and then nothing but a blank screen. I am sure my system is capable of running these programs and I am running DirectX, etc., etc. . . .. Has anyone else encountered this problem and solved it?  I would really love to be able to play Kings Quest again. Thanks for all the help.
Tony

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#2 Post by navynuke04 » Wed May 17, 2006 12:01 am

Are you running the latest version of DirectX? AGS won't run correctly with outdated versions.

What type of monitor do you have? Some flat panel monitors don't support the 320x200 resolution that the game runs in.

Have you tried going into the setup utility and configuring your video options? Changing the game to run in Letterbox mode, or 640x400, or in a window sometimes will get it going.

It sounds like it may be halting at the Logo movie. If this is the case, simply pressing ESC might cause it to skip the logo and go on...

Just a few suggestions.