KQ1VGA & LCD screens

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Laur
Peasant Status

KQ1VGA & LCD screens

#1 Post by Laur » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:53 am

I can't seem to get KQ1VGA working with my LCD screen.  When I first ran the program in 320x200 mode, my monitor blanked out and displayed "out of range."  When I switched the game to 640x400, I got the same result.  I finially convinced my display adapter to display at 640x400 (it wasn't one of the "supported" modes), however the monitor still displays the "out of range" error.  The best I have been able to do is set my screen to 640x400, and play the game in 640x400 windowed mode.  While this works, I would really like to play the game fullscreen.  Any ideas or suggestions?

As an aside, I find it mildly humorous and ironic that I can play the original Sierra games with no problem (through DosBox), but this recent remake has obsolecence issues.

Thanks in advance!

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#2 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:18 am

Welcome to the forums!

Have you tried checking the "Force letterbox resolution" setting in setup?

Laur
Peasant Status

Got it!

#3 Post by Laur » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:13 am

Alright, after messing with the acsetup.cfg file directly, and the force letterbox option in the options, it is now working great (except my previous savegames no longer work, oh well).  Curiously, when I put the settings back the way they were it still works without an "out of range" error, but I'm not interested in troubleshooting it any more right now.

MusicallyInspired, thanks for your help!

AGD's thanks for the great games!  May I humbly suggest that if you ever update the game manual or readme.txt file you place some tips for LCD screens in there, as I expect they will become even more common as time goes on.

Thanks again!