Unable to run KQII VGA ver 2.0..blank screen

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

moonminbird
Peasant Status

Unable to run KQII VGA ver 2.0..blank screen

#1 Post by moonminbird » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:08 am

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help...I've looked through the forums for similar issues and where listed I've tried what's been suggested.

I've downloaded the game twice and re-installed it and still when I start the game whether from the shortcut icon on desktop or the .exe file from the tierra directory or from program list I still only ever get a brief flash of Kingquest loading... message and then nothing..a blank screen.

Windows XP, service pack 2, all directx etc present and correct...what should I be doing?

I last played a Kingquest back in 1990...was absolutely hooked by it and when I found this the other day I was reallly looking forward to playing it again.

Any help, suggestions would be great.

Thanks very much.

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#2 Post by Music Head » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:35 am

Have you tried setting the 'force alternative letterbox resoloution' in the options?

If that doesn't work it's my bet that you're unable to play the Tierra movie. Try moving the video files (1.vf1, 2.vf2) from the game directory. You should just recieve an error saying missing file when you run the game and then be abel to continue as normal. You should be able to open these in Windows Media Player if you're desperate to see them.

Hope that helped.

moonminbird
Peasant Status

#3 Post by moonminbird » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:34 am

Thanks Music Head!!

Yes, have managed to play both KQVI & KQVII - brilliant stuff!!

:rollin

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#4 Post by Music Head » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:11 pm

Glad I could help ya out  ;) .