Any way to run this KQ VGA remake in zoomed window mode?

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Torley
Peasant Status

Any way to run this KQ VGA remake in zoomed window mode?

#1 Post by Torley » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:59 pm

Friendly greetings! I FINALLY got around to playing this King's Quest VGA remake after hoping for so long! Good gosh, what a wonder... many of my childhood memories are already coming back to me!

Problem is, I'm on a 1600x1200 screen and I'd like to play KQ VGA in a zoomed-in window, because making it full-screen upsets the icons on my desktop, and it's too small otherwise.

Is there a trick on how to do this? Any help is of course appreciated, thanx so much! =)

pass
Royal Servant Status

#2 Post by pass » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:47 pm

You could try lowering your resolution while playing the game... Or if you're playing the game in a high resolution (in the game options), you can try returning that to its default value...

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#3 Post by Music Head » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:21 am

If it's been installed, you could use the magnifing tool, (Start > Programs > Acceessories > Accessibility > Magnifier). Seems logical that'd make it bigger.

I use the same res as u (1600x1200) and play it quite happily in a window with the game options set to 640x400.

Torley
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Torley » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:08 pm

Thanks for the help. I don't like lowering the resolution of my monitor because it messes up my desktop icons (as mentioned) and doesn't look crisp on an LCD.

I'll try the magnifier tip, thanx!

I'm hoping to make it bigger, like 1280x800.

Torley
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Torley » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:14 pm

Unfortunately, the Magnifier doesn't work well enough for me — I see what it does and that's cool, but I wish I could just zoom the KQ VGA window bigger (like I'm used to doing with some emulator apps) and watch the pixels doubled up.

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#6 Post by Music Head » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:01 am

I stumbled across this last night http://www.spheresite.com/. Gives your desktop a Z axis, and from those screenshots it looks like it'll be able to pull the window up nice and close. I haven't actually tried it myself but seems it should work to me.