How to load with Vista

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

proceleusmatic
Peasant Status

#26 Post by proceleusmatic » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:27 am

Ah, I've finally got everything in the right place and the voices now work.  Thanks for the help!

trowest
Peasant Status

Re: Loading KQ2VGA With Vista

#27 Post by trowest » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:47 pm

VistaHomePrem_x86 wrote:When I try to load KQ2VGA with Vista I get the error message.

"Problem with shortcut".

"The item kqmenu.exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly.

Do you want to delete this shortcut?"

Why is this happening when I try to run the program?
Ok when u download this game for vista u will install after u do it will ask if it run properly then u will run as administrater then click allow and it will reinstall then the game will work  works for kq1 and kq2 do the same with speech pack and sound basically u install 2 times  but thwe second run as administrator

papste
Royal Servant Status

Re: How to load with Vista

#28 Post by papste » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:43 pm

For KQ1VGA and KQ2VGA to work properly on Vista, the installer must be run with administrator privileges. So you either right click on the installer and select "Run as Administrator", or you disable UAC (User Account Control) from the User Accounts options in the Control Panel. Also, every time you want to run the game you must again execute the program with administrator privileges. This is is also true with tons of Vista games and applications and shouldn't be considered a bug.

QFG2VGA and KQ3VGA don't seem to have that problem.