KQ1 and KQ2 VGA Display Difficulties....

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Lil' Jon
Peasant Status

KQ1 and KQ2 VGA Display Difficulties....

#1 Post by Lil' Jon » Fri May 11, 2007 7:44 am

Hi all, just re-downloaded both of these games to a new computer (Hp pavilion with 15" flat screen.)  Unfortunately I can't seem to get either of the games to run in full screen, (only letterbox.)  Is there anything more I can do to get he games to run in full screen??? (Please tell me there is..... :( ) Many thanks for any help. -

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#2 Post by Music Head » Fri May 11, 2007 1:43 pm

I think you mean your only able to get them to run in a window. If this is the case try the 'Force alternative letterbox resolution' option in the games settings.

little jon
Peasant Status

#3 Post by little jon » Fri May 11, 2007 5:41 pm

O.k. I had to re-register to log back in (couldn't get my name and password to work again, but its still me "Lil' Jon!")  Anyhow thanks for your response, actually yes I do mean that I have been able to run the game successfully in "force alternative letterbox resolution," (as well as in a window.)  My problem being though that try as i might I cant seem to get the game to run in full screen on my monitor, so just wondering if there is anything further that I can do about this? Again thanx for any help. -

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Fri May 11, 2007 9:13 pm

Have you tried setting the game to 640x400 resolution?

ThreeHeadedMonkey
Knight Status

Re:

#5 Post by ThreeHeadedMonkey » Sat May 12, 2007 3:06 pm

Maybe your monitor doesn't support that resolution. In that case, you're forced to run it in letterbox or not at all.

little jon
Peasant Status

Re:

#6 Post by little jon » Sat May 12, 2007 11:24 pm

ThreeHeadedMonkey wrote:Maybe your monitor doesn't support that resolution. In that case, you're forced to run it in letterbox or not at all.
Yeah this is what I am thinking, as I have tried every option given in the game and on my computer that I know of, bummer (the remake of the remakes are now officially getting to old) *sigh* alas there is no hope, oh well..........

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#7 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun May 13, 2007 2:47 am

Sometimes increasing your monitor's refresh rate can help with removing the letter-box effect.  If it's at 60Hertz, try increasing it to at least 75Hertz and see if that makes a difference. There should be a setting to do this in your video card's options, the Windows Display Properties, or on your monitor itself.

little jon
Peasant Status

#8 Post by little jon » Sun May 13, 2007 5:47 am

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:Sometimes increasing your monitor's refresh rate can help with removing the letter-box effect.  If it's at 60Hertz, try increasing it to at least 75Hertz and see if that makes a difference. There should be a setting to do this in your video card's options, the Windows Display Properties, or on your monitor itself.
   Hey thanks! No dice their either though unfortunately, (default refresh rate is holding steady at 75Hertz and wont go any higher. )  Wow some serious props to whomever can find the solution, (assuming one exists.....)