Minor oversights?

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Minor oversights?

#1 Post by DrJones » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:30 pm

Hi! I've played the King's Quest remakes and I immensely enjoyed them. However, there was a missing feature on them that I would have loved to see included.

All Sierra VGA classics allow you to press ESC during game to instantly access the action menu. Because the game pauses while you choose an action, it is very useful during timed sequences for slow-reacting people like me.

Another difference I spotted, is that the Speed glider afects the game speed. If I remember correctly, in Sierra games that glider only changes the speed of your character, a fact that can be exploited in Space Quest IV and King's Quest VI to "run through" enemies. It makes more sense as you have implemented it, though.

Also, while I was playing King's Quest I, Graham got stuck on a tree while going to the woodcutter's entrance from south. It seems an error of automatic walk when the character enters an screen.

Very minor things, really. But I would love to see the ESC working on QFG2VGA, as it's very useful and easy to add.

Thanks!  :)