Mouse Keys don't work in KQ1! Noooo!

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

mmannos
Peasant Status

Mouse Keys don't work in KQ1! Noooo!

#1 Post by mmannos » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:06 am

To whom it concerns:

I just discovered and downloaded your KQ remakes last night and I couldn't wait to play KQ1 today.  After I installed and started the game, I encountered a roadblock.

Due to a physical disability, I cannot use a mouse so I use the mouse keys on the keyboard.  Unfortunately, the mouse keys do not work in this game and I can't play it.  I'm attempting to play KQ1 on a PC with Windows XP Home and DirectX 9.0 in both windowed and full-screened modes.  Mouse keys are part of XP's Accessibility Options in the Control Panel.  Please, fix this issue or tell me how I could resolve it.

Thanks,

Matt
mmannos@gmail.com

P.S.  When I've contacted other developers of other games on the same issue,  they've either ignored me or put it on the waaaaay-back-burner.  There are many gamers with disabilities with a myriad of problems, including this one, and we should be able to play too.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#2 Post by Erpy » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:41 pm

I don't really know the specifics of your handicap, so I might come across as ignorant, but aren't there alternative pointing devices (instead of mice) you could use? (like something like this)

I have no idea why mouse keys don't work in AGS games, other than presumably the fact the engine doesn't support them. Unfortunately, the engine we're using isn't our own, so we have no direct control what's added to it, I'm afraid.