Overexertion + Hurting Yourself Bug in QfG2

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

Overexertion + Hurting Yourself Bug in QfG2

#1 Post by Schloss Ritter » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:11 pm

This may have been reported already, but I thought I'd post just in case. Also, I'm assuming all the other bug threads will be moved here eventually...

Simultaneously overexerting and hurting yourself to death poosibly causes confusion in the program as to which death message to display. I was practicing Throwing at the Shapeir Overlook and managed to get my Fighter down to 1 Health at 0 Stamina. Subsequent throwing at myself causes a Restore/Restart/Quit message box to flash past, then the bearded jinn cursor comes up, and I can't even use the menu bar (or even keyboard shortcuts) anymore. Unfortunately this doesn't happen every time, but I will attach the recent save file anyway (fortunately I just recently saved then made a new save at 1 Health). It seems targeting the Hero just below the waistline causes the bug to almost always come up, but that could be my imagination.
Attachments

[The extension rar has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

Re: Overexertion + Hurting Yourself Bug in QfG2

#2 Post by Schloss Ritter » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:36 pm

By the way, not a bug but I thought I'd mention that the speech Ali Fakir gives if you're at the Saurus Stables at the start of day 2 to see him set up shop is awesome.

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#3 Post by Schloss Ritter » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:57 pm

New one:

Maybe not a bug but a design limitation...? You can Look at the constellations from the Shapeir Overlook during the day, if you know where to click.

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#4 Post by Schloss Ritter » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:33 am

Another new situation (maybe related to what has been reported by others?)...

I rode off the screen to the left at the Oasis, and a Saurus Rex encounter was triggered. Then I quickly clicked the right side of the screen to try and run away back to the oasis. Unfortunately, the monster caught up to me on the way, and this triggered the fight animations to load at the same time as the oasis screen was loading. So here's a save of my Fighter on the Oasis screen with normal move animation replaced with fighting animations. Getting off the screen again with the Walk cursor fixes it.
Attachments

[The extension rar has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by Schloss Ritter on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#5 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:49 am

The first bug you reported has been addressed. The second one sounds interesting...

Tell me, did the saurus buck you off, the screen scrolled down to Terrorsaurus battle, the Hero drew his weapon, and as soon as battle commenced, the screen immediately changed to the oasis?

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#6 Post by Schloss Ritter » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:17 am

btw, changed "right arrow" to "right side of the screen" above since I poorly edited while originally typing... and now I realized I was using the arrow keys as I originally thought.

It happened pretty fast, I was tired, and I meant to upload it yesterday, so I may not remember the sequence perfectly, unfortunately. From what I recall, I got bucked off, thought for a second about fighting, changed my mind, ran back to the right to the oasis, and I think the Rex caught me just as I triggered the screen change. I'm not sure if it ever loaded the battle screen. I can't seem to make it happen again...