Paladin issue

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Emach
Peasant Status

Paladin issue

#1 Post by Emach » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:22 pm

I have played QFG2 EGA many times. I solved all of the puzzles the same way I do in the EGA game. In EGA, my character always becomes a paladin. In QFG2VGA, he did not.

I believe I have narrowed this down to two possible reasons.

First, I stole the bellows. In the EGA version, this does not disqualify you from becoming a paladin. There is a specific reason for this. The honorable way of getting them is to bet money against them to arm wrestle with Issur. When you win, you get them. However, in both the EGA version (and apparently in the VGA remake), if you beat Issur in arm-wrestling before you need the bellows, he refuses to arm wrestle you again when you DO need them. You can ask him about "Bellows" until the cows come home but there isn't any obvious way to get him to give them to you. So I used levitate to jack them. A guard interfered with me, and I chose "Tell about Air Elemental". I lost 2 or 3 honor for this. I have a feeling that in the remake this also instantly disqualified me from becoming a paladin since it's stealing, but unless Issur will give me the bellows even after I've beat him in arm wrestling, it shouldn't.

The second was that I made the thief sign at Dinarzad. I also visited her and she asked me about a job. I told her I was interested in the job. I never actually did the job, which I know instantly disqualifies you since stealing is wrong.

Aside from that, my puzzle solving did not deviate in any way from how it normally does. Everyone vouched for me in the credits except Rakeesh (Shema/Shameen, Zayasha, Walid, Aziza, the Emir). I gave Khaveen his sword back. I did the Julanar/Caged Beast lines. I gave flowers to everybody. I gave the beggar money. I gave the flute player money. The only honorable thing I normally do that I couldn't seem to was give Omar his purse back, because his purse never appeared in the plaza for me to get on day 8 (whichever day he's in the plaza).

Needless to say this was a little disappointing since I wanted to see Soulforge in VGA (it looks super lame in the EGA version). No harm done though - I can always hex edit the paladin back into my player.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Paladin issue

#2 Post by Erpy » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:41 pm

In both the original and the remake, Issur will give you the bellows if you tell him why you need it. (i.e: tell him about the air elemental) If you beat him before that point, you'll get them immediately.

Omar's purse, in both the original and the remake, only appears in the plaza if you hang around to listen to his entire poem instead of walking out of the screen prematurely. (you're interested...it's about paladins after all and you want to become one)

No, stealing the bellows does not disqualify you in either game.

I suppose it comes down to one thing. Do you believe in the laws of consent when it comes to peeking at naked women?

soulfire
Peasant Status

#3 Post by soulfire » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:33 pm

Does killing Khaveen unarmed stop you from being able to be a paladin?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:05 pm

Yes, it does.