It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Saved character has the wrong class
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:12 pm 
Peasant Status

I played through QFG2 as a fighter imported from QFG1. I'm a "powergamer" which means I like to max my stats - for QFG that involves creating heroes with every skill. I create hybrids - I find this to be the most fun since I can solve puzzles in different ways. For example, when I finished QFG2, I broke down the palace door (using the fighter solution). I levitated down to Khaveen. Then I kicked Khaveen's ass (by the way, Khaveen is impossible to beat when the skill slider bar is maxed, even with straight 200's in every stat - he parried 100% of my attacks). I used magic to open Ad Avis' trapped door, and then I finished the game using the mage sequence (trigger on the statute, fetch on the candle, reversal on myself, and forcebolt on the lantern). I had reversal, which meant I had completed W.I.T. earlier in the game.

I exported my fighter (the QFG2 credits screen clearly displayed Fighter), but when I imported in QFG3, QFG3 recognized the character as a Wizard.

I have included a zip that includes both the sav files I used - glory1.sav from QFG1 VGA, and the resulting glory2.sav that was exported from QFG2.

Attachments:
savs.zip [356 Bytes]
Downloaded 74 times

Post subject: Re: Saved character has the wrong class
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:30 pm 
Forum Administrator

Khaveen isn't impossible to defeat on max difficulty. I beat him on hard all the time. You do need good stats and playing skill though.

As for the export...correct. It's not specifically QFG2VGA. Creating a character with all spells in the original EGA and exporting him also causes QFG3 to think you're a wizard. We assume QFG3 uses a few shaky criteria to determine player's class. Anyway, at the start, you can manually pick a class, so there's no permanent issue there.