Froze after Issur kicked me out (Thief sign)

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Thepal
Knight Status

Froze after Issur kicked me out (Thief sign)

#1 Post by Thepal » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:15 pm

Hi. Great to see the game finished at last.

Anyway, I was wandering around Shapeir and went into the weapons shop, showed Issur the thief sign and he kicked me out. The screen changed to the plaza outside his shop, and has frozen there. I look like I'm starting to fall over, but it isn't doing anything. I think I might have 0 stamina, which could possibly have something to do with it... or maybe not. Not sure if stamina is affected.

Since I'm feeling helpful, here's a screenshot of where it froze:

http://paulcarr.com.au/qfg2-issur.jpg

Ok... After loading and looking at my stats it would seem that I also had almost no health (only 2 out of 102). Umm... is that another bug? All I've been doing is wandering around Shapeir in sneak mode. I wouldn't think that could kill me...

So I probably died when he threw me out...

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Froze after Issur kicked me out (Thief sign)

#2 Post by Erpy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:40 pm

Are you playing version 1.0? Because I remember fixing this bug in version 1.1.

Hmm...as for your health...sneaking drains stamina, but it should have given you at least a "everything you do hurts"-warning when your stamina hit 0. Maybe you clicked it away accidentally without really noticing it?

Thepal
Knight Status

#3 Post by Thepal » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:41 pm

According to the readme file it is version 1.1.

And yeah, I knew I had no stamina, I just didn't expect to lose all my health from sneaking while it was still mid-morning on the first day. I guess I'll need to start again (since health pills tend to cost too much).

My first few hours in Shapeir:

- Go to the money changer.
- Go to the fountain plaza and buy random things.
- Go to the gate plaza and buy a map and compass.
- Go to the fighter's plaza and die from exhaustion due to sneaking

Should health really be falling that fast from tip-toeing around?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:38 am

In that case, if it's possible to consistently replicate it, I'd like to have a savegame just prior to the point where it hangs.

Sneaking is rather tiring at first in the game. And there's no distinction made between your stamina points being 0 or not, meaning that if you do something that causes your stamina to drain at a fairly fast pace, it also causes your health to drain at a fairly fast pace without considering if it's health or stamina that's going down.

Thepal
Knight Status

#5 Post by Thepal » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:32 am

I've deleted the save games already, sorry. I'm not sure it would freeze there again anyway. I only did it the once. I tried replicating it then and it didn't freeze. Getting thrown out doesn't even seem to affect my health

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:37 am

No, Issur kicking you out should have no effect on stamina or health. Only Aziza booting you out of the door can affect your stamina or health.