Very Bad Bug: I'm a frayed knot

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Thepal
Knight Status

Very Bad Bug: I'm a frayed knot

#1 Post by Thepal » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:33 am

I was trying to improve my climbing skill using the rope (hoping that the new improved rope wouldn't run out... I hope you guys put somewhere else to climb in the game). Anyway, it stopped working after 50 or so times and I got the "I'm a frayed knot" message, which is fine. The problem is that the magic and special action menus are now not working. It gives the "Sorry, not now." message like I'm climbing the rope, only it is permanent. I've tried going to other screens and saving/loading and it continues happening. So... kinda an extremely bad bug since it makes the game unplayable afterwards (I have plenty of saves, so I'm fine).

Not sure if it was because of how I used up the rope... I got the final (at least what I think is the final) rope message saying it probably won't last any longer, and I immediately climbed down the rope. I then used it again and got the "I'm a frayed knot" message and the rope disappeared, as I was putting the rope down I think which might explain why it still thinks I'm climbing (as it kinda started but I never actually got on the rope).

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Very Bad Bug: I'm a frayed knot

#2 Post by Erpy » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:12 am

Buying a new rope and climbing it, then getting down again might help. This might be related to a similar levitate issue we had in version 1.0. Anyway, there's no reason to climb the rope if you don't have to. There's other places to practice your climbing.

Thepal
Knight Status

#3 Post by Thepal » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:32 am

Yeah, I kinda worked out where to climb. I always tried it in the original hoping it would work. I'm glad it finally does. The rope thing was more just to see if it would run out.

I can't believe I've been playing this game for days (almost non-stop <_< ) and I'm still only on like Day 8. At least my skills are all maxed now (except Luck and Stealth... which are slowly getting there), leaving me to actually play the game. Of course, having this extra time did lead me to spending an hour trying to follow the mountains around from Shapeir to Shapeir like in the original, only to find out the world doesn't loop in this version. Not to mention this extremely impossible to kill thing that is refusing to die >_< I can barely get it down half each time.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:17 am

That battle isn't overly complicated, just long. Very long. It mainly involves keeping your health and stamina above zero long enough to tickle it to death with your weapon.

Thepal
Knight Status

#5 Post by Thepal » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:53 pm

Yeah, it's not complicated, just extremely difficult :p

Anyway, I seem to have run into another bug in said fight. I tried running from battle when it picked me up and started pummeling me (as it likes to do) and after I got put down the game stopped responding. I'm standing in front of it unable to move. Stuff is still dropping from above, though they go right through me. It must have tried making me run but since I was incapacitated at the time it couldn't. Now it is just stuck there.

Thepal
Knight Status

#6 Post by Thepal » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:07 pm

Muahahaha!!! I beat it!

It was actually helpful fighting it. I can now duck properly. Once I learned that the fight is kinda simple... I won't have any trouble beating it from now on. Kinda a pity...