Another kinda problem: 3rd Breakin

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Thepal
Knight Status

Another kinda problem: 3rd Breakin

#1 Post by Thepal » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:53 am

Ok... not sure if this is technically a bug, but I don't see why you would have done it this way.

In the third breakin house, if you search the drawers on the right first, then the guards come in and one stays over on the left of the screen. You then have to search the cabinet on the left (which he is standing in front of). You can do this, oil it, open it, take the money, go back into hiding. The only problem with that is that you are walking directly in front of him while doing it. I don't think the hero can sneak that well.

Also, if you do something to get dead in there, then the guard waiting in the room disappears when the others enter the room to catch you.

Thepal
Knight Status

Re: Another kinda problem: 3rd Breakin

#2 Post by Thepal » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:57 am

Actually, playing the scene again, is the guard meant to go out back? The scene plays like he's meant to be in the back room, not the front one, when you start searching again. The bug could be that he is staying in the room I'm in instead...

Thepal
Knight Status

#3 Post by Thepal » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:16 am

Ok... I think I know the problem. I recently went on a journey to Raseir, before it was time to do so. Now, I didn't realise anything was wrong, but it did strike me as kind of odd that the guard that would come from the back room to catch me in the breakin house was dressed like a Raseirian guard. Now that I've gone wandering around the streets again, it would seem that the guards that patrol the plazas at day and night are also Raseirian.

So I think that messes up the 3rd breakin scene (possibly the first too? I did it before going to Raseir). The guard that comes into the scene and waits is a normal Shapeirian guard and stays in the room instead of going out back? (breakin4.jpg below). He then must transform into the Raseirian guard for the death scene (breakin1.jpg), though it is meant to be the same guy? And the plaza guards are just all messed up (breakin2).
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#4 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:39 am

Oops!

Thepal
Knight Status

#5 Post by Thepal » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:03 am

Here's the save game if you want it. ( http://www.etherealsoftware.com.au/qfg/agssave.040 )

I probably should have volunteered to beta test :p I have a strange ability to find bugs (probably because I tend to do everything possible... hence me taking a week to get halfway through the game :p)