QG2 - VGA screen centering issue

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

mjill
Peasant Status

QG2 - VGA screen centering issue

#1 Post by mjill » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:01 pm

Hello,
Awesome that you've remade this game! Can't wait to waste a few weeks of time playing it. At any rate, when I've isntalled the game and run it, the screen graffics are not centered on my screen. They center on the right where is cuts part of the screen off and you look the last icon in your overhead bar and text dialog will be cut off. I
ve played a little bit with the resolution but it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? Thanks for the help!

-Matt

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

Re: QG2 - VGA screen centering issue

#2 Post by Music Head » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:32 pm

If I understand you correctly your screen is off centered to the right. Try using the buttons on your monitor to adjust the screens position. You could also try different resolution settings, enable the force letter-box resolution option, or play the game windowed. These game settings are accessible via the 'Game Settings' option on the launchers menu.

BTW those few weeks won't be a waste ;) .

joek1997
Peasant Status

#3 Post by joek1997 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:41 pm

I had a similar problem. It seemed to fix itself when I hit the "Factory Reset" setting on my monitor while in the game. Hope that helps.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#4 Post by DrJones » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:47 pm

As they said, it's just that you have never played a game at a 320x200 resolution before with that monitor, and it wasn't configured properly (the configuration is different for each resolution). Simply playing with the controls on your monitor will suffice. ;)