re:scripting error

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

hertel11
Peasant Status

re:scripting error

#1 Post by hertel11 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:51 pm

I posted this once before, but can't find it. Let's try again. I downloaded the newest version of Kings Quest II from your website. I was playing the previous version on my computer, and it ran well, except for the video was a little screwy due to the lack of filter options on the previous version. Anyway, I deleted the previous version and re-installed the new one. I started the game and it ran great. I created a save game and quit. When I try to restart the game the prestart screens all apear like the game is starting normally. as soon as I get to the screen with the "restore game" and "begin new game" options the program shuts down, and I get the following error message:

An error has occurred. Please contact the game author for support, as this is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.(ACI version 3.12.1074)

in "room288.asc", line 404

Error:FileWrite:invalid file handle;file not previously opened or has been closed.

I am running Vista home premium (64bit) on a brand new gateway computer with a quad core processor. I really want to play this game. Please help.

Thank you

David Brown

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: re:scripting error

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:36 pm

Check the King's Quest II FAQ at the top of this Technical Forum. All known issues have been posted there. You'll find the solution to this problem there too.

hertel11
Peasant Status

Re: re:scripting error

#3 Post by hertel11 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:24 am

I was able to restore from my save game using the instructions from the FAQ. However even after doing as directed I still can't start from the desktop unless I right click on the desktop icon and choose "run as administrator" each time. A little inconveient, but I'll live with it as long as I can play! Thank you!