Teeny tiny KQ1(4.0) bug

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

dungy
Peasant Status

Teeny tiny KQ1(4.0) bug

#1 Post by dungy » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:17 am

I hate to complain, but your game is so perfect in every way, that I figured you'd like to know every little way to mess things up.

This occurs while trying to get the magic mirror from the dragon while under the effect of the fairy's protection spell.

If you're extremely unlucky, you can get the fairy's protective magic to run out between the time the dragon wakes up and shoots a fireball at you, and the time you grab the magic mirror. This gets you kind of stuck. The dragon is asleep, and you can walk up to the mirror, but when you try to take it, the game tells you that you can't take the mirror while the dragon is watching. The dragon isn't watching, he's asleep. While the dragon is asleep, you can walk all around the left side of the screen without any protection and without waking the dragon, practically walking over his nose. Then as you try to leave the cave to the right, the dragon will suddenly wake up and fry you.

It's weird.

I love version 4.0!
Last edited by dungy on Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Teeny tiny KQ1(4.0) bug

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:26 am

Thanks for the report. I recall that this area of the game was prone to these kinds of technicalities. Were you playing with No-Dead-Ends mode enabled?

If we put out a version 4.1, I'll look into it.

dungy
Peasant Status

Re: Teeny tiny KQ1(4.0) bug

#3 Post by dungy » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:12 pm

I was playing with dead ends enabled, so if I had saved my game, I guess it would have been my own fault for getting stuck. I don't know if the same thing can happen with dead ends disabled.