QFG2VGA Screen Flicker Bug

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Leshy01
Peasant Status

QFG2VGA Screen Flicker Bug

#1 Post by Leshy01 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:51 am

I've search the board here and I've tried various solutions but I apparently have a very specific bug.

First of all, my video card apparently doesn't support the 320x200 screen resolution. But oh well. The problem is that I can only play the game in windowed mode. If any screen resolution works for full screen, the screen flickers. There are random lines of white and black that appear constantly and are very distracting.

I've disabled ffdshow for the game and I've tried all variations of filters, resolutions and settings. The only thing that works is windowed mode and that's frustrating. Please help.

EDIT: I posted a screenshot of what happens. This occurs throughout the entire game.

Pentium 4
Windows XP SP3
Nvidia Gefore 8400 GS
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: QFG2VGA Screen Flicker Bug

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:45 am

Does the flickering occur all throughout the game or just during the AGDI logo movie at the beginning?

Other than suggesting that you try upgrading your video card drivers to the latest version and also upgrading to the latest version of DirectX, I'm not sure there's anything that can be done about this. But definitely try those two things and see if they work for you.