Color turns to black and white

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

souricurry
Peasant Status

Color turns to black and white

#1 Post by souricurry » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:33 pm

I was having a great time with the game, it runs smoothly and I like the addition of voiceovers, but the colors disappear each time I restart a save file, so it looks like I'm playing in black and white.

This only affects the game after I load, restart, or leave it sitting on the screen for a while.

The color is fine when I watch the opening FMA and on the first two menus. It's also fine if I start a brand new game, but the minute I try to load a save file or restart after I die I'm suddenly in grayscale. Unfortunately, shutting down the game and loading straight from the main menu doesn't fix the problem.

Technically I can play the game just fine, but I would really like to play it in color. Any ideas?

Here's the info on my computer:

Intel Pentium II
350MHz, 256 MB RAM
Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Color turns to black and white

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:13 pm

Which game are you playing? Since you mentioned voice, I assume it's one of the King's Quest remakes. Did you download it from our own site at http://www.AGDInteractive.com to make sure that you have the latest version (with narration vocals)? If so, did you also try downloading the other King's Quest and Quest for Glory II remakes, and did the same problem occur in those games?

It would be recomended that you install the latest version of DirectX and also the latest version of your video card drivers, which you should be able to obtain online at the manufacturer's website.

Failing that, I'd suggest posting about this on the Adventure Game Studio (AGS) Technical Forum, and perhaps the creator of the engine can offer suggestions or determine the problem.