Small Problem in Kings Quest 1 Remake

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

SirHandsome
Peasant Status

Small Problem in Kings Quest 1 Remake

#1 Post by SirHandsome » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:46 pm

Hi! I'm glad I discovered this remake... I'm sure you already know this, but you guys did a great job.

I'm playing the game again for the first time in years, and here's the issue I've run into: on the isladn in the sky with the giant, it is possible to kill the giant in a posiiton where he will drop the magical chest BEHIND one of the trees, where you are unable to target it with the cursor. What does this mean? It means I can't pick it up, and have to restore an old save and kill him again, this time being more careful where he lands.

If it is possible to pick it up when it's behind the tree, I could not figure it out in 5 minutes of playing time, so I think its a notable issue. Here's a picture just to show what I'm talking about, the chest is out of sight behind the tree:

Just wanted to let you know... thanks for the game!

P.S. Not sure if you'll agree, but if I may make a suggestion? The "hole at the bottom of the tree" on the island where the slingshot is hidden doesn't seem to be as easily visible as i remember it in the original. Maybe my memories off, but this seems to make it too hard to find the slingshot for new players. IF you agree, perhaps consider darkening the hole so it's more clear as to what it is and draws just a little more attention?

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re: Small Problem in Kings Quest 1 Remake

#2 Post by DrJones » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:13 pm

That bug has been already reported, but thanks anyways. :)

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#3 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:18 am

I really hope KQ1 is at the final version, I think the team have worked on it enough lol!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:18 am

It is. There won't be any new versions of the game.