I am having trouble with AGS runtime for the mac

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

rwin
Peasant Status

I am having trouble with AGS runtime for the mac

#1 Post by rwin » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:40 am

I have downloaded ags runtime and followed the proper install procedures from the thread. I also have read everything about the following problem... main game not found. If I understand correctly this is because the newer versions of the kq1 2 and qfq 2 are not compatable. Is it possible for me to download older versions of these games from agd? If so, where? Can anyone give me advice on playing windows based games for the mac preferably a free service. I already am able to convert the original games using dosbox and dapplegrey. But really would like to figure out how to do this for windows.

Thanks
Randy

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: I am having trouble with AGS runtime for the mac

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:25 am

The Quest for Glory II remake was compiled with an older version of the engine than King's Quest I v4.0 and King's Quest II v3.0.

Other than using an emulator like Wine, I would suggest asking on the AGS Technical Forum about this, where more experienced users can offer suggestions.

rwin
Peasant Status

Re: I am having trouble with AGS runtime for the mac

#3 Post by rwin » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:47 am

I found a program called winebottler. It seems to allow me to start installation of qg2 and kq1. But, I am not able to play. Has anyone used this app before and could you please give me some instruction on how to properly use wine.