Wine/Winebottle problems when installing kq1 and qg2

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

rwin
Peasant Status

Wine/Winebottle problems when installing kq1 and qg2

#1 Post by rwin » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:21 am

I've been working on this for hours now and am still getting the same results. Here's whats happening I am using winebottler. I select The installer where kq1 is located I have not selected any winetricks because I'm not sure which one's to pick. I select install. I save as kq1. I get a window saying that kq1.app is creating. The kq1 install program pops up. The installer automatically says it wants to install into c:\program files\agd interative\king's quest 1. then says start to continue. program says kq1 has been successfully installed. when i select play game i get a select startfile option. I select a prefix. Although I'm not sure which one. Now when I try to play I get an error: An exception oxcoooooo5 occured in acwin.exe at eip=ox00000000 program pointer is--199, aci version 3.11.1057 gtags (0,0). What am I doing wrong. I am soooo close.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re: Wine/Winebottle problems when installing kq1 and qg2

#2 Post by DrJones » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:42 am

I would love to help but I don't have a Mac nor do I know about that program. Maybe you'll have more luck asking in the Winebottler forums, but if you get the games to run, please post a step-by-step process just so that other Mac users can find the answer while searching the forums for Mac and King's Quest. :)

rwin
Peasant Status

Re: Wine/Winebottle problems when installing kq1 and qg2

#3 Post by rwin » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:48 am

I can't seem to find any forums on winebottler. Is this a relatively new app? Any one out there know how to use this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!