QFG2 bug - vanishing Hero

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Zachski
Peasant Status

QFG2 bug - vanishing Hero

#1 Post by Zachski » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:41 am

I don't know if it's on my side or what, but...

I was playing as my honorless Fighter, and I got to the Djinni. Now, I escaped on my own, rather than help the Katta out, so as to get even less honor. After wishing for Strength and Vitality, I teleported to Raseir to finish up.

Now, here's the weird part. In the fight against the gate guards, the hero kept disappearing whenever I would kick or whenever he would parry a certain side. I'm guessing the game somehow wasn't able to load the sprites for that battle, but this is the first time I've experienced it, and I've played as Fighters on this before.

I might play through a little later to see if I can recreate it, but yeah, it was kinda weird.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: QFG2 bug - vanishing Hero

#2 Post by Erpy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:29 am

That's weird. Is it consistently replicatable? And if so, do you have a savegame from just before you start the battle?

Zachski
Peasant Status

Re: QFG2 bug - vanishing Hero

#3 Post by Zachski » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:46 pm

I didn't think to save JUST before the battle (actually, I did, but I overwrote it because I ran out of savegame space), but I went back there after re-wishing for Strength and Vitality and now everything's dandy.

So it was just odd glitch of the day.