Game will not load

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Cokebadger
Peasant Status

Game will not load

#1 Post by Cokebadger » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:47 am

Hey,

I just download and installed KQ1, however when I go to play the game nothing happens. The 1st screen pops up with the play game, settings, read manual and view readme. When i hit 'play game,' nothing happens and when i hit settings it says unable to launch kq1vga.

The read manual opens up a pdf and the view readme opens as well. Can anyone help me with the problem here. No doubt i missed the hit 'any key' somewhere along the way. ;)

Thanks,

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Game will not load

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:15 pm

What OS are you running?

Try going into your Start Menu>Program Files>AGD Interactive folder and try running the game from there. Hopefully it should work.

Cokebadger
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Cokebadger » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:38 pm

I'm running Windows XP Professional.

I tried your suggestion, but it did not change anything. The desktop icon works by double clicking it, but when i click 'play game' nothing happens. When i click settings, it gives me this error message:

"unable to read argvo: 'winsetup.exe'. Check that you have access rights to this file.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#4 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:14 pm

Perhaps you installed the game under a different account (such as an Admin account or different User's account) than the account under which you're currently trying to run the game.

You can either try logging into an Admin account (or the account you installed the game under) and running the game, or if you open the folder where you installed the game and right-click on the game exe, there might be an option called "Run as Administrator" which you could also try.

Failing that, I'd suggest uninstalling the game, re-downloading it from the site, and re-installing it again (preferably under a regular user account).

There will also be a new version released soon which should negate this issue.