Problems with playing on the Mac...

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

horus82
Peasant Status

Problems with playing on the Mac...

#1 Post by horus82 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:49 am

After first downloading a bad copy of the game that had glitches and malfunctions everywhere, I erased everything and started from scratch. However, since I know that you need to get a chicken feather, I've found a new problem -- on the Mac (at least my Macbook), you can not get to the right side of the chicken coop -- not with the icon and not with the arrow keys. In addition, half the time the boots cursor doesn't get where you want to go (this was WAY off the first time around, but it's still off now). I guess this is the problem that comes from trying games not developed for Macs. Oh well, one week of frustration and getting nowhere is enough for me! I'm sure the PC gamers will have a great time with this game; too bad I can't say the same.

Addendum: New problems again. In addition to not getting near the coop (whenever I now try to open the gate, I get a "spinning" Gwydion that can't move so the game it halted, and the icons continually change where they shouldn't, and without any prompting from me at all (and the change is not only not warranted, but non-sensical), and, though I've followed the spells verbatim and I have all the ingredients -- and the wand -- none work!