Update for Mountain Lion 10.8.2

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Raistlin
Peasant Status

Re: Update for Mountain Lion 10.8.2

#26 Post by Raistlin » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:49 am

StitchedPigeon wrote:The links aren't working for me; it says that the files don't exist. Any way we can get an update?
I'm not sure what the hold up is. I haven't heard anything more from AGDI, and it seems they don't really want me sharing links here on the forums. I've got the files ready for them to upload to the official servers whenever they are ready.

Raistlin
Peasant Status

#27 Post by Raistlin » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:46 am

I uploaded the new versions for AGD to use on their official server yesterday after I got some new instructions. Hopefully the new download links should be available by the end of the week for everyone. Unfortunately, it appears users with Nvidia GPU's may experience difficulties with playing the game. Keep in mind though this new wrapper I used is flexible, so try older Wineskin versions and experiment with the settings.

Good luck and happy gaming.

heartprivacy
Peasant Status

#28 Post by heartprivacy » Sun May 12, 2013 12:39 am

I'm hoping for an update too! I tried the links and I see the files are no longer available there :(

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#29 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Thu May 16, 2013 5:31 pm

Okay, sorry about the delay in getting these Mac versions updated. I got struck down by a severe case of food poisoning which took me out of action for a while.

Anyhow, thanks to Raistlin for getting the updated versions prepared! They should work fine with Mountain Lion now. I have just uploaded all the new Mac versions to the servers and I also got rid of the dead links for all games while I was at it.

Enjoy!

Tony Chopper
Peasant Status

#30 Post by Tony Chopper » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:23 am

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:Okay, sorry about the delay in getting these Mac versions updated. I got struck down by a severe case of food poisoning which took me out of action for a while.

Anyhow, thanks to Raistlin for getting the updated versions prepared! They should work fine with Mountain Lion now. I have just uploaded all the new Mac versions to the servers and I also got rid of the dead links for all games while I was at it.

Enjoy!
Hi, I just downloaded the latest versions from the servers today, but I'm having no luck getting them to run in 10.8.4

Will the new versions run under xquartz? Or do they need an older version of X11?

In the readme it says "If the screen flickers, disable the 85hz option in the menu", but when I launch the games in osx (with xquartz), I don't get any menu, it just goes straight into the flickering game.

Any help appreciated thanks.

Raistlin
Peasant Status

#31 Post by Raistlin » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:51 am

Tony Chopper wrote:
Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:Okay, sorry about the delay in getting these Mac versions updated. I got struck down by a severe case of food poisoning which took me out of action for a while.

Enjoy!
Hi, I just downloaded the latest versions from the servers today, but I'm having no luck getting them to run in 10.8.4

Will the new versions run under xquartz? Or do they need an older version of X11?

In the readme it says "If the screen flickers, disable the 85hz option in the menu", but when I launch the games in osx (with xquartz), I don't get any menu, it just goes straight into the flickering game.

Any help appreciated thanks.
What kind of graphics card does your Mac run on?

Tony Chopper
Peasant Status

#32 Post by Tony Chopper » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:59 am

Mid 2009 MPB:

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB graphics

Darth Malt
Peasant Status

#33 Post by Darth Malt » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:59 am

I understand this is an incompatibility with Nvidia cards. I would be really grateful if someone could figure this out - I need to get back to King's Quest II with my kids, and this problem prevents the game from being played on a good share of the recent iMacs.

Raistlin
Peasant Status

#34 Post by Raistlin » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:05 am

For some reason I got an email today saying there was a new post on this thread. If anyone is still having issues running this just send me a PM I'll do what I can to help.

SimpleOne
Peasant Status

#35 Post by SimpleOne » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:51 am

Can it run on MacBook Air mid 2011, OS X 10.9.5 ?

Thank you! ;)