KQ3 Musical Talent bug?

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Lady Sibyl
Peasant Status

KQ3 Musical Talent bug?

#1 Post by Lady Sibyl » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:10 am

I'm posting this here because I think it's a bug. If it's not, I apologize. I also realize I've posted about this before, and again I apologize, but I'm getting desperate and frustrated.

For the first few dozen times I played the KQ3 redux, I was able to cast the Musical Talent spell successfully. Now, however, I keep getting a "You shouldn't try casting your own spells" message and dying. I read the instructions through very carefully before I even think of going to my inventory. I have the seawater, either pouring it from the cup, which is what I used to do, or, more recently, in hopes that this was the solution, physically taking the flask to the sea and filling it up at the source. I add the sand from the desert. No problem. I add the soil from the garden. No problem. I use the Hand icon to shake the flask. Problem. As aforesaid, I get a scene of Gwydion/Alexander singing (or at least spewing forth musical notes) and an inset "You shouldn't try casting your own spells" death message. What am I doing wrong? Is this, in fact, a bug? Should I re-download the game? Any help and/or suggestions are appreciated!

Once again, if this is not a bug, please tell me and I'll move the post to the appropriate forum.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

Re: KQ3 Musical Talent bug?

#2 Post by navynuke04 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:09 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkV2r-2CZHs

This YouTube video shows them making the spell. It starts at 5:10. In fact, they mess it up once, and then do it correctly.

Maybe you are reciting the incantation before waving the wand?

Lady Sibyl
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Lady Sibyl » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:40 am

I don't get a chance to wave the wand or recite the incantation. Every time I try to do the spell I die right after trying to shake the flask. I don't understand what's wrong. Like I said, I follow the instructions: I have the empty flask of seawater, filled at the source. I add the sand from the desert. Then the soil from the garden. Then, every time I try to shake it using the Hand icon, I die.

E.T.A.: I just tried it again. I died. I restored my game and tried again. I died. I tried a third time. I died. I really do think that somehow I caught a bug, although how I'm not sure, and I'm not sure why only this spell is affected. I mean, I follow the directions exactly. I got the empty flask from the shelf. I even get the seawater at the source instead of pouring it from the cup. I'm seriously considering just deleting the whole thing and re-downloading, but I shudder at the thought of losing all the saved games. Again, any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. Please help!

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#4 Post by navynuke04 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:49 pm

If you copy your saved games, you should be able to reuse them if you redownload.

I don't think redownloading would fix anything though.

Do you have an earlier save you can try? If not, maybe you can upload the save you are using and let us give it a try...

Lady Sibyl
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Lady Sibyl » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:39 am

How do I upload the saved game, and to where? This thread?