Need a plot writer, I'll take the job(for free)

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

loganp354
Peasant Status

Need a plot writer, I'll take the job(for free)

#1 Post by loganp354 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:22 am

I am looking for a job as a plot writer. I am very creative and writing stories is my specialty, especially ones in adventure games. I have successfully written a plot for my game, current called farmers boy (title will probably change, and the actual programming of game will start after my summer break). Any way, I will help you write any type of story (of course for free) that you are having trouble making, and even help you brainstorm on ideas for the whole entire plot, not just strengthening it. I work quickly, and although I am going on vacation for a while, I think I will be able to stay in touch and show you my plot line/script. I will start at any time, and I will only do one game at a time so hurry up and please hire me.
p.s. I also do backround information writing, the details of the story.
Last edited by loganp354 on Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Khalon
Peasant Status

#2 Post by Khalon » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:36 pm

I am looking for a job as a plot writer. I am very creative and writing stories is my specialty, especially ones in adventure games. I have sucessfully written a plot for my game, currently called farmer's boy(title will probably change, and the actual programming of game will start after my summer break). Anyway, will help you write any type of story(of course for free) that you are having trouble making, and even help you brainstorm on ideas for the whole entire plot, not just strengthening it. I work quickly, and although I am going on vacation for a while, I think I will be able to stay in touch and show you my plot line/script. I will start at any time, and I will only do one game at a time so hurry up and please hire me.
p.s. I am not sure if this is the right forum, I just made this thread here, so I can help games in progress starting out.
Programmer, fine. Artist, fine. But if you want people to take you seriously as a writer, tune your spelling and grammar a little bit.

Radiant
Knight Status

#3 Post by Radiant » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:14 pm

I'd hate to burst your bubble, but I've never heard of a single game design team that was short on writers (and of several that had too many writers). If you want to join a team, your best bet is to practice a skill that will be required on that team (such as artwork, music or programming). Just my $.2

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:24 pm

If possible, try to specialize in (witty or compelling) background descriptions or (witty/compelling) dialogues. Most self-respecting projects already have their main story outline set in stone before really starting.

Da_elf
Knight Status

#5 Post by Da_elf » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:16 pm

what...you guys didn't say anything about his signature?

-----Hire me as a writer, I can right create or help any plot for free.( I also make scribts)----

he can't write but he can right.even though im not sure what a scribts is i'm not sure i want him "righting" it.  :rollin

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#6 Post by Klytos » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:30 pm

scribts.

And there goes my plan of being nice and supportive to newcomers with ideas.  :lol

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#7 Post by Blackthorne519 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:02 am

look i am the bextest righter here nobodi has cum up with better stroy ideas than me

i have an idea for a new QFG game, basikly it takes place 500 years after quest for glory and the heros relative works for the police now - he has to arrest a durg dealar name jessy pains who kills other cops - this moden day hero gets to ride in a care and shoot guns it's called quest for glory:police quest

also wolfgang abenteur is his partner and you can also play golf also

Heh.  All kidding aside, there has been some good advice in this thread.  Great ideas need good form; you'll find the two go hand in hand.  Learn how to draw a background or two, and have ideas for art and backgrounds.  As Radiant says, there are a lot of plot writers - but a shortage of animators and such!

Good luck with your endeavours.

Bt

Thepal
Knight Status

#8 Post by Thepal » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:12 am

Yeah, if only it was that easy. I've often thought "It would be cool to join AGDI/Himalaya Studios", but then I'd have to learn a useful skill :p

loganp354
Peasant Status

#9 Post by loganp354 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:19 am

Da_elf wrote:what...you guys didn't say anything about his signature?

-----Hire me as a writer, I can right create or help any plot for free.( I also make scribts)----

he can't write but he can right.even though im not sure what a scribts is i'm not sure i want him "righting" it.  :rollin
lol, a bit too rude their. I fixed it, and yes I have horrible grammer, but my other skills are better. I did not think I would get a job, but if I did I would have something more to do this summer. I have seen a few games now and then that fallapart because the plot falls apart.
p.s. Erpy thanks for the tip, I'll add it to my post.

Da_elf
Knight Status

#10 Post by Da_elf » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:26 pm

hey. we were just having some fun thats all. goodness knows not all of us have impecable grammer. since im an artist i usually just use the excuse that my skills are in the visual field and not the literary field.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#11 Post by Blackthorne519 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:09 pm

Logan,

It was just a bit of mischief, as Da_Elf said.  Merely fun - your enthusiasm is evident, and I wish you luck in finding work with a group!

Bt

loganp354
Peasant Status

#12 Post by loganp354 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:29 am

Blackthorne519 wrote:Logan,

It was just a bit of mischief, as Da_Elf said.  Merely fun - your enthusiasm is evident, and I wish you luck in finding work with a group!

Bt
I know, thats why I loled, lol. I have 2 companies I'm working for now, recruted them from another site, so thats allI'm taking.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#13 Post by Blackthorne519 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:15 pm

Hire me as a writer, I can right create or help any plot for free. ( I also make scripts)
WRITE  The word is 'write'.  "Right" is a direction or a word of confirmation.

Sweet Jezebel on a cheese-stick.

Bt

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#14 Post by navynuke04 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:33 pm

You coulda pointed out the other spelling mistakes in his last post while you were at it, BT... ;)

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#15 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:21 am

navynuke04 wrote:You coulda pointed out the other spelling mistakes in his last post while you were at it, BT... ;)
Yeah, I wanted to.... I did.... but I felt the most important one was that one.

I mean, if one is going to profess to be a "writer" they should spell the action that they perpetuate correctly!  Sigh.....  I just want to encourage aspiring writers to take pride in using language at least SEMI-correctly!  It really helps!  I'm not lying!  Make things easy to read by (gasp) writing properly is the first step to being a good writer!

Bt

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#16 Post by Klytos » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:48 am

Sure. And a lot of alcohol consumption helps when you're trying to come up with new ideas.

Radiant
Knight Status

#17 Post by Radiant » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:00 am

Or sitting lotus on a mountain top.

Oilers99
Royal Servant Status

#18 Post by Oilers99 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:31 pm

Yeesh. Not very likely. I want to get a home-brewed project up and running, and I plan to be the writer. My brother is also a writer, and approaches writing from an angle that will balance my own, and cause the story to have the balance that I'm seeking. That's enough. In fact, two writers can come into conflict. We're just bouncing story ideas off each other, and we're already annoying each other a bit. However, we're not planning on stopping at this. I'm going to learn as much programming as I need to get the project done, and he's probably going to work on some of the game's art. If you're going to be a writer, I recommend that you seriously improve what you can do as one, and look into becoming something else. Ideally, you should be able to do as much as possible.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#19 Post by navynuke04 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:52 pm

Oilers99 wrote:and I plan to be the writer.
Wow! And I can understand you!! Perhaps you should through in some improper English or perhaps some spelling errors.

Seriously though, good luck with your project.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#20 Post by Kurdt » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:31 pm

Heh, says the man who misspelled "THROW."

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#21 Post by navynuke04 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:09 pm

Throw Schmow...  :o

Oilers99
Royal Servant Status

#22 Post by Oilers99 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:45 am

navynuke04 wrote:
Oilers99 wrote:and I plan to be the writer.
Wow! And I can understand you!! Perhaps you should through in some improper English or perhaps some spelling errors.

Seriously though, good luck with your project.
Thanks. I'll be sure to let you guys know more about it, assuming development gets started. :)

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#23 Post by Music Head » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:20 am

Radiant wrote:Just my $.2
just your 20cents  :p

El_Listo
Royal Servant Status

#24 Post by El_Listo » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:51 pm

I need a plumber, my kitchen has just flooded.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#25 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:21 pm

Please explain how your above posted related to the topic being discussed.